A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anime Female Creator Application =)

Anime Female Creator Application =)

If you want to play around with this application please feel free. If you hate this application feel free to voice your opinion cause I can careless. I'm just saying "Don't knock it till you tried it".
    I created this application after an initial attempt with one huge difference. Instead of a whole body I just had a (for lack of better words) a "head creator". I posted the link awhile back and got a few nice replies and good feedback. This application is bundled with other applications, an e-manga and an animation short I did many moons ago. I have released this CD-ROM extra but it's still lacking a documentary on Anime I have in works that I'd like to include in the near future. So I babled enough, if you wanna email me please feel free at punkbacteria@aol.com, c/o Will, subject: Shoujo Anime Creator.
    This site link takes a few minutes to load on a 56k, others modems shouldn't have a problem that have a faster connection. I checked the link yesterday and it was fine. Thank you for your time.

Will

http://www.angelfire.com/punk4/kunt/shoujo.html
    Last edited by poorhouse records; 01-04-2003 at 04:35 AM.
    Simulacra

Pretty good - reminds me of those kisekae dolls that were popular a while back (are they still?).

A few questions-

What is the sample Flash timer all about?

Why have multiple color variations of the clothing? Why not just have one of each item, and a color selector associated with it? Makes scrolling through the list a bit difficult.

Why not show percentages on the slider - preferably in a text box where users can input their own numerical values rather than dragging the triangle?

It might also be cool to have some default value swatches - those could be used anywhere.

It might be better to have the information window not start behind the character - that, or you can make a shaded window (which you can roll up and down, like on the Mac).

It might be cool if you made the text box without a border (or the option to turn it off and on), so you could put decals on the character (ie. a tattoo or t-shirt design).

If you wanted to get ambitious, it would be really cool to have the elements (ie - mouth) in a pull out visual/thumbnail menu, so you had an idea of what they all looked like.

The arrow buttons are a little ambiguous - the >>| arrow key is commonly used to jump to the end of a set, not skip ahead by 3 - users will definately be confused unless they read the help file (or you gave them some indication of which "number" item they are up to).

Just some initial thoughts.

Thanks for the input. I am ignorant when it comes to AS and I tried useing a color selector for the clothes, etc. but everything was jumbled and I couldn't get it all to work as I did the "hair color selector" by itself. I have honestly put this project on the sidelines, I've been sitting on it for awhile and just thought people might like to play with it online. If you know of any place I can learn AS from (besides retail books) I'd like that information. As I said before, my mind is pretty buggled when it comes to making multiple color selectors that work without messing up each other. So I copt out and used the multiple clothing colors.

If I were able to make multiple color selectors, where should I put them? How would I go about making a universal color selector?

The timer on the page was just put there for bells-and-wistles, it have nothing to do with the application. I personally created this for people can make quick characters for there Manga, Anime, Website, etc. A flash model sheet I guess one can call it but it has other uses as well. Basically one could create their character and print it out as a model sheet and go about useing their character at their own will. I should have mentioned this earlier.

Well, thanks again, Im off.
    Simulacra