A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Buttons inside a movie clip wont work???

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro

Hello,

I've made a few pop up menus in my site using the "track a menu" method and everything works just fine except the buttons.When I asign an action of "go to" to them they go crazy and wont perform the task as I asked them to..why is that? does any one have an idea?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cant tell with out seeing the code. You can email it to me if you want and I will take a peek and let you know what I see. regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Lightbulb

Your buttons are calling actions within your movie clip, not outside. You designed your menu and then made it into a movie clip. That means that while your actions used to work, they no longer know how to communicate outside of the movieclip.
    You need to add a TellTarget action to your buttons in your movie clip that call to "/level0" [that's level zero]. This will allow your menu's actions to be performed outside of your movie clip to the base level of your Scene. This is good for going to different frames. If you want to control different movie clips located in your scene,
    then you need to add this to your button:

"/level0/movieclipName"

Search your documentation for how to do TellTarget's. I hope this info helps in some way.
    -Kite

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro

Thanks a lot

That was JUST what I've been looking for and everything is working like I wanted it to.