A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Name that movie!

Beyond the Sea
    Ok, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of this film. It starts out with a female(?) cop who is off duty driving down a crowded city street. She reaches a bridge and is stopped in traffic as a big, spider-like armored police vehicle "drives" over the stopped cars towards the bridge.

Turns out the cars are stopped because of a bomb threat on the bridge, or something like that. Just as the armored police cars reach the car that supposedly has the bomb, it explodes and the entire bridge is destroyed. Only, later on in the movie you find out it wasn't a car bomb, it was actually a stealth fighter that whipped in and shot a missile at the bridge.

What is the name of this movie?!

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I didn't just dream it, did I?

thanks,
    Rich

hmm sound really familiar and cool. nope. cant recall the name.

Is it the one with that actor.....

Yeah I think I know the one....and it's got that actor chick....what's her face.......you know, that actor...with the....that hair.....the eyes..... :P
    Just kidding.....sounds familiar, but got nfi about the name....

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Sounds like it could be Shirow's APPLESEED, but it's been so long since I've seen that, I dunno. A number of anime features have weird tank-like vehicles. Patlabor and also Ghost in the Shell immediately come to mind.

Beyond the Sea
    Hmm...Patlabor...could be Patlabor II? I'm gonna have to rent it this weekend to check it out. This is buggin' me!

Rich

yo its definatly not ghost in a shell. she starts it off naked swinging through a window and blasting gang members. im pretty sure its not appleseed. might be the other one. dont remember.never seen it i think

For some strange reason, vision of escaflowne comes into mind...does the movie start with a girl transporting herself to another world where the earth and the moon hang in the sky, and there are these giant robots that are battling...

Beyond the Sea
    Nope...no giant robots...just future earth...of that I'm certain...

man...I'm really going to have to hit the video store tomorrow.

Rich