A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Perspective Grid -- how?

I have seen in previous threads talk about drawing a perspective grid, but when I went back to search for it, I couldn't find it.

Surely there can be an easier way to draw a perspective grid that leads (and vanishes) into the horizon vanishing point. I have tried (and failed) to do this by hand, and with the help of perspective grids (view).

I have Illustrator 8, Freehand 9, and Photoshop 6 at my disposal. Any instructions or tute would be entirely grateful!

Thanks!

--Neelixx

Old dog learning new tricks

I use CorelDraw9's grid tool and give it perspective, but I think Illustrator or Freexand must have a perspective effect also.
    Manually u can create a rectangle and repeat it so it forms a grid. Export as eps place it in a layer Photoshop and Edit>Transform>Perspective it.
    If the two vector graphics programs u have can do distortion of a shape u don't need Photoshop.
    Peace

I must not be aware of any repeat function. I totally understand what you mean by adding perspective to it. Thanks for the info!!! Now, I'm having a problem with actually "creating" the grid. Even using the alignment tool, I just can't seem to get it right. Something's off.

I've even tried using the line tool and creating it over the "show grid" tools, but it leaves openings inside it. I love the rectangle idea, if I can get it to work.

Thanks!!
    --Neelixx

Old dog learning new tricks

Another aproach: Draw a vertical line (let's say 10" high). There must be some setting to define where to place a duplicate. Set vertical to 0 and horizontal to (let's say 1"). Create a duplicate and then create a duplicate of the duplicate and so on until u have 11 lines. Group them, duplicate the group and rotate it 90o. Align the to groups by centers and u have your grid.
    Peace

hi,

there is a perspective grid in feehand 9: http://www.macromedia.com/software/f...o/newfeatures/

Awesome K-giannis! Thanks! I'm not aware of any specific setting to place the duplicated object (i.e. 1")... but I'm sure there is. I'll look. Thanks!!

Cyberdao >> Yes, there is the perspective grid in Freehand 9, and I've used it. But, I'm looking for a grid to export. The perspective grid, only "shows" it. I will use it, but, I need a quick and dirty way of creating my "basic" grid first!

Thanks you guys!!
    --Neelixx