A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone have a generic site design contract form?

Smile

Hello to any and all that can help-

I am getting more opportunites to design sites from scratch, rather than just working on small parts of them as a sub-contractor. Previously, I've only had to quote out my hours that I estimated for my time alone, and the agency then would take that and incorporate it into their proposal/estimate.

Does anyone have a generic form that they use for proposals to clients, or know of a link where I might find one and alter to my needs? I am looking for something a freelancer might use rather than a large agency version. I know the Graphic Artist Guild has a web section that touches on this, but a lot of times their pricing guidlines have been too high for the area I work in.

Thanks for any help!

I'm a member of the graphic artists guild. You can take from their contracts and make up your own. I generally
    use an illustration confirmation order that the client has to sign off on before I start the job, or a purchase order.
    I usually ask for a 50% kill fee, and bill on a 30 day after completion. If you are working for people you are not sure about, then you need an advance. Its a good idea to set forth a schedule for production and outline what you've agreed to to do. I generally contract for one free round of revisions, but depending on the situation will let it go to two or three. I try to get a good idea of what I've agreed to do for them on paper. That way if the job expands I can say thats more than I agreed upon. Also, you need some agreement about whatever content and assets they are responsible for,and some agreement as to whether or not they have to come back to you for revisions. I would rather lose a client than have them go back into my work and butcher it, but thats just me. That clause is called a right of first refusal. Otherwise if you agree to do something as a portfolio piece, and they go back into it and crap it up you lose. If at all possible I do not include the fla as part of the deliverables. I don't sign an clause indemnifying, but do stand by and put in writing that the work is original if they ask. I do not sign a non competitive clause. I work on all kinds of terms, from buyout to liscencing to pro bono, but I do not work on a flat fee for resale outfits. The graphic artists guild has a contract reviewal service in case you get something you need to show a lawyer. Good luck with your projects...

You might want to break the job description down
    by page- like 5 inner pages @$xxx per page, one splash@$xxxx,one home page @$xxx,etc. Just a thought...

Thanks to all

Most excellent replies, my bretheren! Thanks!