A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: to use preloaders for multiple scenes in one movie

Hybrid View

Smile

hello there,

I am having a question which I hope some one can help me with...I have a movie that consists of 10 image heavey scenes....I wanted to create a preloader, but don't know how to do it so that it would cover all the 10 scenes, since flash loads linear....I don't know if that is the best way of making the loading faster, or compress the files, since my shock eave flash is already 700k, which is way too big...I really appreciate any sort of help or suggestions which any one can give me....

ellie

Yes, Flash loads in a linear fashion... however, if you were to use the "loadMovie" action, and place the scenes into individual movies, you can load them up on different levels at the same time. Something to munch on, anyway

Hope it helps!
    --Neelixx

regarding making indivedual movies of separate scenesscenes

thankyou for the response.....but I am a bit confused as to how to make the indivedual scenes that are already part of one movie into sparate movies...and do you think that might help the loading time?

All you do, is select the scene you want converted into a movie. Click the "edit multiple frames" button, and extend the markers from start to finish. Then, right-click on a frame and "select all". Then copy. In your new movie, paste them in. All the symbols and layers will follow. Then save it. There you go!! One of your scenes as a movie of it's own!!

Now for the reason... you mentioned that since Flash loads frames in a linear fashion, how would you construct a preloader across multiple scenes. Well, in essence, this way, you are creating a preloader for just one scene, and with your "load/unload movie" action, you can load multiple movies at once... and not just linear.

There is one problem, though. If you have any interactivity between scenes, this will have to be re-edited, and you will need to label accordingly. (i.e. if you have a goto frame 1 Scene 3... you will need to put goto frame 1 movie scene3. That's not syntatically correct, but I hope you get the just of it.

How's that?
    --Neelixx