A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Illegal Operations, Like a shark to web surfer.

Thumbs up

Note: I hope i do not offend Mr. Fennel with this post. He made the best site on the web today, i just want to make sure i know where these things (errors) are coming from.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Does anybody get any Illegal Operations while they are on FlashKit. I dont care if they do come from there. I just want to know. If you do, maybe Mark might be able to fix it. There are no demands being set, but in your spare time, maybe you could have a look.

Hopefully, it is not FlashKit, but my lousy internet service provider. We will see.

Here i the following software i am running:

- Netsacpe 4.73
    - Flash Player 4
    - Cookies are on
    - 56K connection ( i know, i know it, it sucks, get cable, are you drunk, that must bite, i have heard them all)
    __________________________________________________ ________

FK Bored Crew
    It's nothing to do with flashkit...do a SINGLE ctrl-alt-delete and see what processes you're running in the background, my guess is you got something hogging your resources, and it ain't a webpage.

"End Task" one at a time for various items on the menu that pops up when you do a ctrl-alt-delete and see if the problem goes away when you shut down a particular program.

I'm running Netscrape 4.7 with 1 meg ram and a water-cooled AMD K6-300 overclocked to 400....but I don't get any memory leaks, and that's what it sounds like you have happening.

-fishee

Probationary Member
    also:i CAN'T OPEN FEATURED FLA FROM THE HOMEPAGE! FIX THAT!

Probationary Member
    Originally posted by fishee

I'm running Netscrape 4.7 with 1 meg ram .

-fishee
    wow, you must be slow

Well fishee...

I didn't think it was FlashKit either, but when that error pops up i can't use CTL+ALT+DEL is doesn't work.

Illegal operation... Please Reboot... Please reinstall Windows... Please upgrade to the latest... please use integrated software products...

Something's wrong.... you should reinstall the operating system(latest stable version of it) there's a bug in the windows 98 dial-up, i use to get an illegal operation every time i closed a browser window! check any cache enhance utilities (netsonic did that sometimes to)...

FK Bored Crew
    do the ctrl-alt-delete before windows crashes (if you have time). As I said, sounds like a memory leak somewhere. You could also try reinstalling windows, but if it's another program causing the problem then that won't really help.

-fishee

Okay

Yeah i am waiting untill i get my CD Burner. 12 X 10 X 40! anyway, then i am going to back up all of my stuff, .fla's and music and stuff. But thanks for the post.

Angry fast CDR

Crap that must be like top of the line. I bet it's like a lot of money. What do I know I am not even legal working age! err, that kinda sux. I wish I had my own income!

I am only 15, so i can work either, though you can get some jobs that young. I am not buying the Burner personally, my whole family is. We have that gateway moola buscks thing and we have to use it by the ened of august, so we are getting a CD-RW. By the way, its about 450 dollars with shipping, which is a lot i know! And i also wish i had my own icome as well.

Nano, these might be some things you have done, but thought I would mention them anyway:

I am assuming you are using windows 98. If you are, make sure you have gone to their update site (using IE with cookies on)-- http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/d...productupdates -- and installed all of the 'critical updates' in the order they tell you to (when in doubt, start with the oldest update first). It's also a good idea to update DirectX to the latest version if you don't already have it. This takes a while to do, but your system might give you some love back afterwards.

Other than that, maybe get Norton Utilites and run Windoctor to find and fix windows errors. Its kind of a waste of resources to have NU running all the time, but using it for maintenance is a really good idea. It keeps your machine nice and orderly. Example of why NU is useful: Windows defrag ran and said my drive was 0% fragmented, yet when I ran NU SpeedDisk, it said the drive was 10% fragmented.

Good luck!

BTW - Nice footer

Thanks Patrick

BTW thanks for your reply, you should get into the world on footer artistry. Its a good business : ) Also my errors are Netscape errors that have an invalid page defualt in kernal32.dll any suggestions?

FK Bored Crew
    Ummm....you didn't say that before. Anyways, I had a similar (well, exactly the same) problem awhile back with netscape crashing on certain pages. I tried reinstalling netscape with no success. But after a windows reinstall (without reformatting) and then reinstalling netscrape, it worked fine. I dunno, just reminiscing, hope it helps.

-fishee

Thanks fishee

reminiscing is just what i was looking for....

Next time i, Nano will try and be more descriptive and precise in which the thread that i am currently posting on FlashKit, a site made by Mark Fennel, that can help and flasher with actionscript, sound and just general information. If i am anymore descriptive on the on the data pertaining to this page i am gonna get a frikkin noose and have a little quiet time be myself..... sort got carried away.

- Nanooo