A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Balthaser FX, killing the design nation

yo, Razor, it is not the point about B:FX Exactly. it is about such sites in total. in few years when bandwidith broadens to cosmic proportions, imagine how would B:FX look like?? Andi doubt the Flash 7 could outrun it's simplicity and cool effects.

I hope macromedia does reaaly good thing.

Then again, B:FX might use that good Macromedia software to mkae it even better... infinite loop.

aaa, i will just not think about it anymore...

see ya

Once again, I don't want a flash resale product out there that doesn't give the designer a cut or royalty. Macromedia obviously will start packaging templates with their upgrades.

Pricing Balthaser $199? LMAO

I can't believe anyone will want to pay 200 for this service. It reminds me of http://www.telcopoint.com

They want you to pay them $500/month, yes 500 per month, to have a voice chat room that you can moderate.

Maybe I should I just make up a service to tie shoes for 100 a shoe, that's 2 for left and right.

LOL

Smile one more thing... (Just one more?)

Studio- Totally agree that designers should get a cut. (That point got buried in my rant) Lol.

What do you think about a royalty system where by the designer of a site would get X amount for every hit/click-through on that site? (Similar to Bob Denver getting a check for $17.00 every time Gilligan's Isle plays at 3:00 am in Guam. Lol!)

The alternative is to do what stock photo/royalty-free places do and a one time "buy-out" for that site, and the buyer then gets to display it for ever. (He would have the right to change it however- with additional fees up-front for alteration. Stock photo places charge their flat usage rights for the original image and boost it because they know designers will alter them in Photoshop anyway.)

You will still need a central agency/org to act as the ************* for all of this "rights/usage" traffic.

The way I would like to see it work is that the clearing house gets a 25% commission for each resale,on the same terms that an artists rep gets their money, and a written contract should be signed. The rep would be responsible for drumming up business,fullfilling orders and collecting monies and paying the designer within 30 days of sale. There should be an open book clause.

The terms of resale would be that the client may alter, but not resell. Customization of an artists work by the original designer would be an auxillary service and the firm would collect the same fee, and commission work they
    would as well.The artist would receive an advance payment
    on all commissioned work, that would serve as a kill fee.

There should be some minimum requirement as to the number of pieces submitted.

Wizards and look-alike sites ultimately kill originality.

So we rally and kick some serious butt. This can all be taken as a strong competition and we have to show people that Wizards are not good for this kind of stuff.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    The fact is that no self respecting company will have a website that looks exactly like 20 others companies sites.

It shows that the company doesn't take this whole Internet seriously. These companies will die.

ok but one segment of design market are small companies. Small companies give life to young design studios, as i said, you do not hit IBM or Reebok from first time. You do it with small comapnies. In total, there will be 4 real design studios (those that are now powerful...) and they will work for big companies, and "the kid next door" will work for small ones...

No good, right?

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Perhaps initially smalller companies will go for it - but not all companies will be satisfied with something a chipanzee could put together.

When I logged on to Flashkit yesterday and I saw this BFX thing I said to myself: This just can't be. How can a so-called design-firm offer such a service?

Any person can -for just a couple bucks (they'll think they saved big time)- come and assemble their "flashed" site and then think: I'm using the latest technology.

It's just like all these HTML based wizard tools out htere. I just couldn't get the point why they put this thing online.

It'll produce dozens of look-alikes that'll lack originality and a true sense for design.