dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastest connection speed

what is the fastest connection speed now in the world?
    And what would you do if the speed is going to be 5mbps which is 100times faster then 56k.

DSL is not bad...

I think DSL can get up to 9Mps, which should be illeagal. Me and my 56 K are about to go rob a NEC computer store. Loading.......Loading........Loading......errrrr.

Hi
    I`m on cable and I get 2.5Mps..on average...but you still have delays and the like...sometimes (even on so called fast downloads) you still only get just over 240k per Sec

Tony

lol ok here are the REAL stats mr 2.5Meg on cable HAHAHAH.

a) DSL - You pay for what you get. You want 9 meg you pay for 9 meg, you want 3 meg you pay for 3 meg.

b) Cable - The fastest cable out there can go to 778k a second. A cable router only goes up to 10 Meg for the whole router. . .and on each one there are normally 25 or so people with a cap of 500k/sec download and 128k/sec upload depending on where your from.

c) 56k and below - You will NEVER go past 5.6k/sec PERIOD

d) T3 - 49Meg a second (This is for big time companys and corporations)

e) T1 - 1.5Meg a second (Great for gaming)

f) IDSN - 128k Download with a 12.8k upload

The government uses a line by the name of OC3 it is capable of 10gig/sec transfers. Sounds expensive.

Ok I fell for the sales pitch So 2.5 Mb was a little bit of an exagerration..only a bitsy witsy itsy..hey thats what they told me it would do...But...................................

its obvious your in the US.......and I dont have to prove anything to you, I think I have the only Cable connection in my street as its only been offered to us here in Sydney in the last month or so...However WE DONT HAVE A CAP for downloads, If the other end can dish out 1 megabyte I can Download 1 megabyte per sec I`m not in the tech specs of what you say......other than I know what I have downloaded and how long it has taken..suffice to say I dont download many things(as the connection is at home) so my average may not be a true measure. And to be exactly sure I have contacted Optus (our carrier)and What you say about Mb limits of cable looks like it only applies to the US....so next time when you give me spects to correct me make sure they are relevant for where I live..

Tony
    [Edited by XU1 on 07-25-2000 at 08:07 AM]

poor information

Zbailey
    Actually your information concerning connection sppeds is somewhat incorrect. An OC3 is capable of handling only about 2.5 Gbits per second.. To get to 10Gb perseccond you have to go to a OC192. This is a major piece of fiber as you can imagine. As far as the cable vs. dsl situation goes I have seen speeds on my cable which is getting bandwith from @home in excess of 500K actually I have a very steady connection of 374K and have seen as high as 1Mb down and about 400k up at times.. yes the routers are 10Mb but that is a hell of a lot of bandwith and my market doesn't have much penatration in my neighborhood so I get all the speed the cable will handle. Besides we all know that most of the time on cable or dsl we are waiting on the traffic of theinternet network and not on our server. Here is really cool map that shows uunets north american network: http://www.uu.net/network/maps

it is really interesting for all those interested.. thanks Later.

anyone using radio wave?

resolved

the fastest known connection in the world that I know of is oc45 fiber optic cabable of transfer rate of 4.5 g/s very expensive very fast all I can say is GIMMIE

Smile

though I could be wrong but hey the thought is nice

I am wrong
    change all that was said
    give me oc192c and I will be a happy person
    ole`
    insta

mmmmm

what about the experimental fibres....... you know like the stuff Nortel is working on..... wait let me get a fig.....

oooppps

my mistake .......i got mixed up with the tech-e stuff.........it wasnt the fibre on its own.

heres the blurb......... 320Gps

http://cps.us.nortel.com/products/oc192/index.html

320Gps ...............now thatis what i call a connection.

not really into all this stuff ... but dammmmmn

I feel like crying... i am on the fastest Connection i can get in my country ( UK ) at the moment a ****ty little 56 K... does anyone know the reason for the UK being so far behind america and japan? i thought it was one of the major countries in the world but it cant be if we are so far behind the americans? We are stilll awiating the arrival of ADSL. And thats going to be expenisve!

cya

Stevie CAlder

WHAT

WE have ADSL

BT provide it at 40 a month..... 500k conection.... no dial up... allways connected

We do?

We do? I phoned up BT and asked them when it was going to be out so that i could think about purchasing it and they said ( 3 weks ago ) that it wouldnt be out for another 2 months... I believ that u say it was out but i have been lied to by bt... sory i thought it wasnt ou.

Stevie Calder

where do you live.....

where do you live.....

I think it may be limited to certain areas....

They sent applications to Berkshire... ages ago.....

Right im gonna get the number.....

hold on

I live in the highlands of scotland, Inverness. We get isdn but adsl we SHOULD be getting. I dont know whats up with bt!
    Overpricing greedy bastards!

Stevie Calder

Scotland..... that may be the reason

wait im on hold with bt..... $$"GR$"GR$"%$"Y%$

answer the phone

ahhhh.... they've answered....

bas"$$.... he fobbed me off with the website.... passing the buck..... no better way to PI" me off

im going to check the web site!

guess what the dsl link is broken