A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML Help. Im desperate....

Well i have a really cool design and stuff for my School Site. My Problems (Have a few)

1. One of the Cells has a Background Image, on top of it is the text menu. There is also a Background Image for the whole site. Problem is, is when i copy a large sum of text the Background Image of that cell continues. I only need it once.
    The source that i have for that cell is this

<td width="174" background="images/SchoolSite_03.gif" width="174" height="464">

2. I have a horizontal scrollbar when obviously i shouldnt. Some how i managed to not have it on one page so whats going on there!!!

If you can help me out thanks alot.

ok,

to get the background to stay in place, put this attribute into your body tag.

bgproperties="fixed"

(it works with Internet Explorer but not in netscape).

Ill move this to backend and scripting

Good luck Metamorphosis --Have u checked the w3 sites on html btw?

A

Red face

oz - does that work for cell backgrounds as well? i've never used it in that context, but thought that 'fixed' only worked on the page bg (where i have used it before)

meta - also, the cell background thingy is not well supported by netscape (not at all in most versions) and will give unpredictable results...

as to the scroll bars, your table will expand to fit the text that you are putting into it.. so if you put a lot, the table expands out till you need a scroll bar to see it all... you might try to use smaller font size to fit...(font sizes will also be a big problem with different browsers - style sheets work best for this and using font sizes in points)