A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ***HELP A NEWBIE PLEASE***

this is a stipid question but could you give me the basics of flash??? i`m extremely new to flash. i know swish really good but not flash. thankz

That aint no stupid question its actually very relevant.
    From the 2 months that ive been attempting this what I can tell you is that in order to do anythign in flash most things need to be converted to symbols. If your looking for the order of the way things happen you can go to http://www.flashplanet.com Many tutorials there on 4 and 5.

Also there seems to be alot of excitement on how to set up things in flash with active scripting. Not that I know how the hell to do any of it but its there

I got a Flash 5 for dummies book on order how appropriate for me
    cybs out!!

Basically I can pick up things after playing around with them, so i suggest going through the tutorials given with the software, if you don't understand them then you're on the right track, they're stupid and don't tell you a lot, basically it will tell you where everything is, which is good, you'll need to know that F6 makes a new keyframe, also go through the tutorials here on flashkit, get a book and go read it at the bookstore if you want then replace on shelf and go home and try stuff, play around with it, try to make a simple movie where you make some text or a box move, then try to make the box turn into the text, (you'll have to break apart the text, ctrl + b, then motion tween it into a box, and vise versa, boxes do not need to be broken, only text, that's something to go on i think, oh well good luck)

cybrmstr and yfl,
    thankz for all the suggestions i will try all of that. i know i can use it.

thankz again.