A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: FLA Post room

guru dada

All for it on this side!

keep the posts coming in! Let's don't let this die. It's up to all of us, so if you like the idea, then respond please

thanks

CARP

Smile

I've the following doubt. I worked reaaly hard for the last week on a problem of AS movable mask on bitmaps. The idea was to build a magnifing glass that would follow my cursor and display enlarged pictures. The glass should stop once the user decided to go to a menu. I couldn't solve the problem, and finally I communicated it yesterday on general help and actionscript, and found that there are some more guys looking for help. However, what I can see from the last posts, we never found any solution on our own, and none of the senior guys helped us. Translating this to fla market I can see tons of flas sitting on a HD without being corrected or anything, because the problem is not solvable, or too trivial, or solved many times before. So, maybe, a better way to help each other would be evaluating the problems, marking the new and interesting ones and once solved putting them in a kind of tut for everybody. So, if someone comes with a trivial problem he just gets directed to a proper tut, and if he has a new one, bingo we all sit to work on it. By the way, a help on the AS movable masks and bitmaps would still be wellcomed.

I'm not sure what you mean, graal. I don't see how anything bad could come of it....just posting a link to a .fla hosted on your own server or on your own web-space isn't all that much HD space, and might as well put it up there so people can take a crack at it. The only problem I foresee is people getting TOO MUCH help. Like, someone recieving their fixed .fla file back about 10 times or so. Maybe we could offer a "maximum-link" limit to 4 or so, and just tell people to be pretty sure they think they can fix the file they're going to grab. Well, not a great idea, but I'd like to hear more about it also...

This thread is so long I haven't read it all (I jumped after page 5!) - so slap me if I'm repeating other thoughts.

You can get unlimited free web space from various ISPs now, so why not get a communal space for dumping FLAs. The "client" FTPs their FLA and anyone can grab it and have a bash.
    When you FTP a "fixed" FLA you do it into a subdirectory, not over the orignal FLA. That way you get the original retained for other people to have a bash at.

The username and password for the FTP site could be publicised in the FlashKit site somewhere (Is there a "Members only" section?)

Oh, yeah - I think it's a good idea by the way. Providing that people create a new FLA just containing the elements they're struggling with (that would reduce the "theft" element and the file size at the same time)

Cool idea

I agree with u.

let's spread our flash world

That's a wonderful Idea!!!! I'm looking forward to this new room!!!!

Steve

People where are u? I have been searching for this thread for 15 minutes. I think that Fla room is cool idea and i won't alow it to die.

...Going to top...

Casparas : Thanks! I wished everyone thought like you!

Keep up the effort!

CARP

FLA ROOM or DIE

It is not a good idea it is a great idea and we, all of us, need it. I will make sure I post at least once a day requesting information for the FLA post room.

I heard Flash Kit don't want to start a FLA Room
    So you might want to e-mail the webmaster and ask him why.
    At least that is what Pope de flash said in his post
    in this thread.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jydnas
    [B]I heard Flash Kit don't want to start a FLA Room
    QUOTE]
    I am operating under the understanding that Flashkit (mark) will put the FLA ROOM up BUT 1. he has quite a few other things to do first and 2. he is looking to us to fine tune the idea and have a workable plan ready for his review and approval.

If this is not the case I sure wish FLASHKIT would say just what their plans are.

This is no game of hide and seek guys. I'm sure that Mark would be happy to tell us what we have to do to get this thing going. Right, Mark?

I already emailed mark and he said that he is already working on it.....should be ready in a month or so.....

good work guys!!!!

Man i can't wait for Fla postroom to apear

-- Casparas --

"I love it when a plan comes together."
    -Quote from the A-Team

Sounds like an excellent idea people!!!
    Me is all 4 it!

Great news!

CARP

Carp do u have ICQ ? if you have one could you post your address...
    ... pleeaaase

P.s. this is the longest thread i have ever seen.

I have read it all ( really no lie )

go to the anime forum. search for the post called CALLING ALL JAPANESE AINIME FANS!!!!!! that ones in 30 pages long and wouldve been longer if it hadnt been for feiry chan... thats the longest thread there was i beleive. and coming up in second place in the coffe lounge is the FB2k thread.

So it is dead right?

count me in...