A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLA Post room

Smile Yeah

I'd agree with this entirely, although i think somebody raised a good point about making the effort oneself. So long as there are criteria defined for submissions for help, i.e you'll trash the computer if you dont get help etc etc, then it's a great idea.

I agree with eybrow,
    it could be open to abuse, and it dosent encourage the learner to work things out for themselves before they post their help topic. Also the help forum as it is helps others who read the replys...delivering the "Fixed" Flas would only help the one who supplied it..my personal opinion is that it should be left to the individual to both post or ask for the Fla...

Tony

Smile

Yeah, when i was learning a while ago i didn't know about this site, and some of the stuff i did took me days and days to figure out (and this was fairly basic stuff). The best bit, was when i finally did figure something, it was incredible, a really rewarding experience, because i'd done it. That time spent figuring wasn't dead time either. That time was spent learning that subject inside out, whereas with a person to do it for you, you may not learn so much.
    I love the idea, but it must be managed well intelligently.

Smile

Yeah, when i was learning a while ago i didn't know about this site, and some of the stuff i did took me days and days to figure out (and this was fairly basic stuff). The best bit, was when i finally did figure something, it was incredible, a really rewarding experience, because i'd done it. That time spent figuring wasn't dead time either. That time was spent learning that subject inside out, whereas with a person to do it for you, you may not learn so much.
    I love the idea, but it must be managed well.

Yep, I agree with you both, eyebrow and Xui. The Fla-Market needs to be well thought out to aide the development of the user and to prevent the abuse of the fla's. WHat might work on this matter might be this; a new member could post a small fla for help, but a new member can not go to the fla-market. Thus preventing the abuse to the fla's by hackers. Ie. new members signing up just to play havoc with the fla's.
    Also, reading some of the help posts, I have an idea what they are saying, but some of them don't make any sense to me, thus another reason to have a fla-market.

CARP a fla's a terrible thing to waste

only one not sure?

It *sounds* good, yes. But there is a big problem that would have to be dealt with before you could try to do it.

Let's say I post a .fla I need help with, and 8,000 other users looking to boost their ranking post my fixed .fla back to me. 8,000 x 500kb limit = 4000 MB of pretty much duplicate .fla's.

Say just 10 people do so, that's still 5MB. And with how active the Help forums are up here, you're talking HUGE storage space, and also LOTS of downloads. It's going to eat up TONS of bandwidth.

Maybe a better idea is to have a FLAstival forum or whatever, and instead of just asking questions, people would upload .fla's to their own servers and include a download link in the post....would save Flashkit lots of trouble, and wouldn't be too different or harder...

The idea is taking off! Good points papa.
    The management of this idea is the most difficult to implement. The more we discuss it the better.
    In my work i have used several software packages that manage exactly this type of thing. Each FLA which is under investigation would have to take on a new status, i.e. Assigned, thus making others aware that the FLA doesn't need looking into. When completed, a new status is given and so on.
    Whilst theorectically easy to implement i'm not sure how we'd do it in the real world, due to the potential size of this market.
    This is about weighing gain against effort!

I like this concept! Do you think Flashkit would impement some kind of Fla's inspection room?

I hope so!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Come people now. lets get together on this idea!

POST your thoughts!! Ya or Nay!

I think that it should be more of a "Check my site for little problems that i missed. So someone doesnt upload a site for the web and have alot of problems. But i do think that its better to learn on your own so you know how to fix it and not jsut go to the forum and jsut ask and not learn.

Scott@SoulflyTribe.com

Smile

sup guys...well i like the theory behind it....heh

it would save me hair loss....heh...and i wouldnt have to assume if im what im typing is what they want...i could just do it, write a bried explanation, and viola....all good.....I LIKE

Peace

thanks nymyth! Looks like were getting a few responses on this!

CARP

Smile

hey no problem dude....its a good idea, one i think could be done....good luck with it

Peace

Hi,

Sounds like a good way to resolve problem FLA's that have their creators stumped. What about viruses and unwanted extras that their owners are unaware of ?

I suppose the first question is has anyone ever had an infected FLA ? I'm knew to flash so I'm not sure if this is even relevant.

Otherwise you've got my vote Seems like a natural way forward.

MinitFresh2:

Not sure about the virus part, I guess flashkit would had to handle that..

Thanks for posting!

CARP

FK Bored Crew

I suck at flash.

I've never heard of a flash virus. I do have a suggestion for the fla stuff though....

I still have problems/stress when I'm dissecting someone else's fla to "see how they did that" ...there should be a rule to inlcude a tute with the fla, and that the fla itself be well-labelled, ie: I don't wanna see "Layer 24", I wanna see what that layer is and/or what it does.

A really "simple fla's for idiots like me" section would be the cat's ass

-fishee

FK Bored Crew
    Oh, and I'm willing to write the first tute and fla on how to make a basic preloader, if y'all can stomach my humor

-fishee

Oh, and I'm willing to write the first tute and fla on how to make a basic preloader, if y'all can stomach my humor

-fishee

OKay sounds good fishee. I'm pretty good with animations, I'd make a tute on that!

CARP

Smile

yep i agree with fishee...with the whole tute thing....its a shame im to vague when it comes to explanations..or i would also write one.......ill get better

Peace

Smile

about the flash virus...i dont think they exist....if anything u recieve has 2 extensions...dont trust it...

ie

flash.fla.vbx
    flash.fla.exe

things like that....a def. NO NO

Peace