A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: International guidelines

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for working with clients overseas. Namely, how to transfer money, and deal with contracts. Obviously, money can normally be wired, but how do you deal with signing the contract. Do you send a copy, have them sign it, then overnight it back? Is there a better electronic way to do things?

Also, will differences in laws from one country to another be a large factor? Under which country's laws would any contract apply; the developer's, or the client's?

Thanks for any suggestions
    Zach

Wichser
    yo zacvin!

tough call. As for me being in germany, I recently had a job for someone in the phillipines, a small offline CD thing, and i was payed cash. A guy from the phillipines that visited germany braught it and had it transferred to my bank account.
    Worked out well, but it all came across a friend of mine who gots the hook up to the phillipines so there was no contract or anything.

I'd say make a contract, send it to him as email and have it ´send back signerd by post mail. Then start the project, finish it, and give the client a deadline in which the money has to arrive to your account. if that is not the case, simply close the domain and the website as you should be administering it at least in the beginning.

Of yourse you should specify such things in the contract, make a contract such as every other one I'd say.

iCEBERG