A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Charging for consultation?

Anyone every run into the situation where someone finds out you are a web designer and then tries to direct you to their site and asks you to give them tips and advice about it? I am not talking about friends, but rather people you may barely know. Do you charge for consultation or do you give advice freely?

If you are conversing with them, you are somewhat of a friend. Give them 15 minutes and a couple recommendations. At the end of the e-mail, propose more consulting and a fair price. This is a good opportunity to sell yourself, with free advice.

randum

You could always advise them to join FK and pst their site on one of the site check forums. That way, they would be getting tips and bug checks from a few more people.

Flash is abused

I am in Malaysia, and connection speed is basically 56k and I know that is the main connection speed around the world. And the internet is so changing that everyone that logs in spend about 5 seconds on a page and click what they are looking for.

Besides technology such as gprs and 3g 4g or even 5g is coming, too bad for you europeans , that the handphone will be the next thing online.

Flash merely use for presentation for cd publication or advertisement is fine, but to create a whole web project on flash and abusing it, thats pathetic.

Balthaser online tool caters for dsl and above...how many people have dsl?

PS: Think about the whole earth population and demographic