dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Beginner Idiot here - help with text

Ok, I am extremely new to flash so please don't laugh at my stupid question. I am currently in progress of designing a website - helpstopcancer.com - maybe it will be ready some day and you guys will visit it - but that's not important. Here's the question reeking of inaness and incompetence. Are there, in Flash 5, any Text effects - i.e. making the text that I type jump from place to place from different angles, etc. basically essential effects of text? please help...

Thanks

there are but there is no "easy" way of doing it (like for example, with powerpoint). you have to create motion tweens for your text

Thanks. If i do tweening, does that mean I have to do tweening letter by letter? And if I use powerpoint, is there a way to import that?

Thanks

with the tweening it depends on what you are trying to do - you can tween letters, words, paragraphs of text together. If you want individual letters to move all over the shop then you will need to create individual motion tweens

On the other matter - I don't know (or care ! )

Thanks for the help.

Brief Follow up.

You might want to check out the FLASHtyper portion of this website. It has premade text effects customizeable to your liking. Just make sure you read the tut's on how to install them. Good luck.