A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: load movie opens new browser window

Unhappy

I get the desired behavior of a button in a .swf movie loading another .swf movie into level 1 when testing the code on the platform I'm authoring on. However, when I upload the files to the remote site and test them on the HP pavilion machine accross the room I find the call to load a movie into any level other than 0 (which replaces the calling movie) opens a new browser window (hardly the desired result). The HP is running Windows 98 and IE5. Any thoughts on what may be happening?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Thats a bit strange. Can you give a url so we can see what happens on other browsers? If you want to send the code I can take a look and see what the deal is. I've never had this problem before. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Wink

Thanks for the reply Bill, I managed to solve the problem this morning after much ado. The file which created the problem is long gone. I have a feeling it was a combination of my newbieness (2 weeks with Flash) and lack of sleep...all is well at this point... The site I'm working on is at oregonvacation.net The Oregon Bay Area button is hooked up as well as 3 of the camera buttons on the OBA map. These were originally opening a new browser window via the Load Movie command...beats me, but I'm liking the fact that the problem was me rather than Flash. Thanks again
    Roger

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

No problem, thats what were here for. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.