dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash movie matching size with all monitor sizes

OK I set my movie at say 450 and 700 to match my 14" monitor. I go to Brothers house and his 15" monitor views my site with the movie all stupidly looking and pushed up into the left hand corner. **** how do I set it to match all size monitors with out having the little 14" monitors to scroll side ways? *****
    My site is http://www.llwebnet.com

I think you need to add <center> and </center> tags. If you want the movie to set according to monitor size(full screen) then, in Publish movie settings-html-dimensions-percent, that's it.

I do have those tags

No I do have <center> Tags, I want the swf to fit the html screen like in an automatic way, not a little sqare on a big 17" monitor, like if you do plain html you design from right all the way to left with no scrolling, no matter what screen size you have with flash seems like if you set it at a size thats what you get no auto adjusting. Im not sure if flash can do this but it would be nice. Like I visit some flash sites and every area of the screen has something on it, with out having to scroll off to the sides, this is what I want to do, all pages are 400x700 squares cant I automaticly fill the screen no matter what the viewers size?

As you i told earlier go to Publish movie settings, under html set dimensions to percent. It will work.

Smile I love you Flash Kit Community

Why I didn't know to use percent for dimensions for scaleable .swf size? Was I dropped on my head as a baby? I could not figure out why exactfit didn't do it alone. I feel like a maroon. Thank you Thank you Thank you

This is a great tip, but there is a drawback with larger movies on smaller monitors or at lower resolutions. If the movie size is set to scale by percentage of the browser window and the viewer's monitor is small or set to a low res, or if the viewer resizes the browser window smaller, at some point the movie will shrink to a size where text will be unreadable. At some point I would rather have the movie hit a minimum size and force the window to scroll. Does anybody know if this is possible?

YEAH I DID SET FOR %

I set it to publish to persent but when i view its shrunk!!!! eeekkkkKKK so what now.
    keep setting it @ 450x700 only to fit a 14" monitor"""sorry 17" users you'll have no pie"""