A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help! What Tool Creates This Exploding Screen Effect?

Hybrid View

Does anyone have any idea what tool might have been used to create the exploding screen and sliding button theme that appears at http://www.a2q.net/depression.html ?

I now maintain that site, but the original developer is gone and so are the source files. Obviously you can build such things from scratch, but surely they just used a canned theme from some higher-level tool.

Your help would be appreciated!

I could be wrong, but these effects are probably not from any template. The screen effect (it's IMploding, btw) is a simple tween. It appears to start with an oval shape and several smaller 'rectangles' that tween into the one larger one. (Actually, the large rectangle is one tweened image that comes up on top of the other elements. The menu is also a fairly simple Flash animation. The fact that it is a movie clip inside of the individual SWFs makes it harder to see each frame.

It sounds like you need to do some editing here and the original developer did not supply the FLA files. Assuming that there are no copyright infringement issues, you may want to put out a feeler in the FK job vacancies forum and see if someone wants to dissect the SWF and do your editing. If your group is a registered non-profit or charity, you may find a designer willing to do something for a tax receipt.

hth
    [Edited by jelve on 03-06-2001 at 08:48 AM]

I can do the changes

I can have a go at it...if you send me the files, and list out the changes that you want on it.
    I will also do it for free simply because I appreciate what you are doing and would like to share my resources for that cause

i saw the site , as u said there was screen explode. This thing is not tough. just draw squares with gap and in the same layre after few frames draw a big square. Then sellect all the frames in the layre and create shape tween. If u still have prob. then mail me at rahulkohli2k@sify.com i will send u ziped .fla file.