A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hmmm...

I've been burned recently for $150. I think my client ran out of money or something. He's paid me promptly until now. But basically, I haven't lost anything. The project needs a certain part to be fixed and...well...I wont fix it until I get the loot. As a side note, he's from Belgium.

Needless to say all of my clients have been from outside the US (although I am not). Two of them at least have offices here in New York.

I've also been bilked out of $1000 by a client in Israel. Another client that paid well, but never really on time and when it came down to the wire I was shorted $1000.

The guy from Israel has never been heard from again. The guy in Belgium will probably never be heard from again either. And I don't think Judge Judy has an international jurisdicition. So, I move on with my life...

I could have taken plenty of job offers. They would have been fun/high paying jobs, but I'm trying to start a company, so freelancing works best for me right now.

Just waiting here for the next idiot...

caithness massiv
    i had an offer to do some work for a guy overseas... and i turned it down for fear of what has happened to you...

sorry to hear about it, mate... but you're right, there's nothing you can really do about it...

international laws aren't really up-to-date when it comes to things like $1000 contracts for webdesign...

and who would you talk to about this type of thing anyway??? judge judy is too busy

its too bad people can't just stay true to their word...

Busy doing nothing Boris the Frog's Avatar
    Bad Luck - it happens to everyone though at some point.

Someone was talking about this a few weeks ago and they are setting up http://www.theydon'tpay.org to help vent frustration.

Name and shame those clients who don't pay if it will make you feel better.

By the way I'ved had problems with French & German clients. I don't think racehas anything to do with it - the only thing that links them is they have all been complete b*stards!.

BTF
    Happy not to Freelance anymore!