dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading movies

loading movies

i have a 1 minute intro(272k) in which i want to begin loading my main movie(408k). the intro is three scenes and i was wondering how do i load a single movies continuosly thru the three scenes. also, what is an average movie size? is the 408K too big? i will be loading many other movies inside the main movie so all in all it is about 1 mb broken up into 15 movies. does this sound like the best way to do it?

architech

Re: loading movies

Can't tell you exactly what you should do (code) as you don't give enough information about your own code, but in my opinin your site is far too big.
    If I where you I'd split the site in different swfs and load them by demand using the loadMovie command.
    That'd reduce the main swf size a lot.

Hope that helps

Re: Re: loading movies

Originally posted by castaway
    Can't tell you exactly what you should do (code) as you don't give enough information about your own code, but in my opinin your site is far too big.
    If I where you I'd split the site in different swfs and load them by demand using the loadMovie command.
    That'd reduce the main swf size a lot.

Hope that helps
    i also have a question about that. for load movie commands, is that where level0 etc are used? and if yes, is there a tutorial?

architech

Hope that helps [/B][/QUOTE]
    i also have a question about that. for load movie commands, is that where level0 etc are used? and if yes, is there a tutorial? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, but I prefer to load them into targets.
    There's tutorials for sure (some months ago I used one) but I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly where. Try either here (flashkit has lots) or actionscripts.org

If you don't find it I'll look for it in my files and send it to you

thanks for the reply.
    i've started searching for the tutorials.

peace, 1lOvE
    rYaN