dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: continous sound looping

Cool

Ok, I hope someone here can help me, I have posted several questions in the correct categories throughout flashkit and have gotten zeroe replies, hopefully this board will be different. I am fairly new and have added some sound loops to my swf, my question is, how can I tell a .wav or .mp3 to loop continously until a ending frame is called up? As it is I set the sound to loop some outrageous number of times, but I know there is a far better way of doing this, eliminating a set amount of loops and replacing it with continous loop. I just dont know how, I have searched on this subject but have found nothing. If I am not being specific enough, please let me know, thanx in advance in any help I might recieve, thanx.
    -Robbear7

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro
    Hey,

You can try using the sound object.You import the sound into the library and use the right click to give it an IDname through the Linkage sub menu.That is just like an instance name you assign a movie clip.

In order to first play the sound you use:
    mySound=new Sound()
    mySound.attachSound("voice");
    mySound.start(5,5);

"voice" in this case is the IDname.
    The first "5" is the second offset from which the sound will start playing each time and the second "5" is the number of loops you want the sound to play.

In order to stop it at any given time you use:
    on (release) {
    mySound.stop();
    }

which is an action you can assign a key frame as well.

Hope it helps,

McMurphy

Thank you for the info, I didnt know this, so it is wonderful to know, but still, I may be mistaken, but it is still limited to a certain amount of loops, right? The effect I am looking for is for sound clip to repeat it's self continously until it is told otherwise, regardless of how many times it would have to repeat. Would this script do that? Or would it end after the amount of loops I specify for it? Sorry to be a pain Thanx in advance for any feedback from anyone....

-Robbear7

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro
    well..have you tried using:
    mySound=new Sound()
    mySound.attachSound("voice");
    mySound.start(0,100000000);

??

McMurphy

Lol, you know, I got the point there I will give it a try, dont see why it wouldnt work, I will script it in tomorrow morning, headed to bed for tonight. Will post reply to let you know if it worked ok, thanx

-Robbear7