A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Work and Money

Hi,
    I am developing a website for someone, however money hasnt been discussed, my question.. how much to charge? This is the site so far... quite obviously no content and scrolls etc need sorting...
    http://www.btinternet.com/~t.pain/hound

What is the normal going rate?
    Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Tom.

Oh and while your at it go and read my other post and give your opinnion! Cheers.

very nice design

hi, very nice design, i like the menu setup and pretty damn fast, as for pricing i always sort that out before anything happens.

contracts are good (and safeish)

your in a tricky spot if they've seen it, they know your nearly finished so they could mess you around??

work out how much time you've put in then give yourself an hourly rate, if your slow or learning stuff chop a bit off

see what the final figure looks like??

good luck!

b.p

cartoon serial killer... crazybonkers's Avatar

Re: very nice design

Ya very nice ...great nav great look...charge charge charge

Take a look at Freelance tools and tips

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=108743

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar

Angry nice

Hi!

I saw the work. Very professional and very cool. Add a good intro there!

Concerning prices. If you are the aouhor of that, you already are not a beginner. So you already have ecperience with flash and, as a result, with clients.

In any case take into account the fact whether or not you will receive additional work from them...

Yes, read the post s of other freelancers here in Flashkit. Also find the thread entitled "Flash Rates" in "jobs" section... A very useful material for a freelancer as well as for a sociologist studying our generation .

Keep flashing

My advice to you, Sutok, is to decide on an hourly rate or a price for the completed project BEFORE you show it to them so that you have an idea of what you expect to be paid. Show it to them and tell them how much you think it's worth. Chances are they will offer you less and if you are comfortable with that then great but don't think that you should just accept something ridicuously low just because you've already finished most of it...you can always make slight changes and use it for another company since it is mainly comprised of things common to most sites (eg. services, about us, contact us etc.) Do not sell yourself short, I have recently been screwed by a company and it has made me realise that I have skills that not everybody has and I should realise my worth and not back down because someone who obviously wants to get away with paying as little as possible says it's worth less. Sutok, you have a skill that is in demand so don't take any less than what you honestly feel you deserve.

that is some phat design

i'm with crazybonkers...charge, charge, charge!!!

That is one quality site!