A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: RE SWF Studio

fun stuff, thanx, I'm messing with it now.
    however, this seems to be a pc only kinda vibe. I'm a pc guy myself, but my clients are mac. I went through the site faq and help, and am not totally sure whether or not I can produce an HQX file (Mac executable) as well as an EXE file. Anyone know?

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

Sorry, PC only for now. I'm collecting stats and requests in an attempt to guage the real demand for MAX support.

should have been "MAC"

I want a touch typing course for xmas...

exec not working???

why is it that a simple FSCommand like exec will not work when built with SWF Studio but is fine in a Flash generated projector? Is it something to do with the File link thingy?

When you turn your SWF into a projector or run it in the browser, the player or the plugin (respectively) handle the implementation of the standard fscommands.

SWF Studio provides NEW fscommands to replace the standard ones and uses different names so there's no confusion.

QUIT is the only one of the standard commands that SWF Studio recognizes.

Instead of EXEC in SWF Studio you would use RUN.

Instead of ALLOWSCALE and FULLSCREEN you can set the size, scale and position on the Movies page, or use the new fscommands that deal with the window size.

I am killing myself with this RUN command as I a unable to get it to do anything. I want to run 'Setup.exe' in a folder called 'MyApp' and cannot get it to work. The examples online are not that helpful and I am still trying to figure out the relationship between the Layout and the RUN command.

RUN
    "MyApp\Setup.exe"

Do I need to place the 'Setup.exe' in the Layout as an application (with or without it's dependencies)? Then what should my RUN command look like? I have also tried using ORG and placing all the required setup files in the same directory as the EXE with no luck.

For instance:
    RUN
    "%ORG%\Setup.exe"

I think for this to be useful there needs to be better documentation... especially for a released product.

However, thanks for repsonding to my last post. I am giving up for tonight and will try back tomorrow (actually today).
    [Edited by BrianGorbett on 03-14-2001 at 02:12 AM]

Contact support@northcode.com when you regain conciousness and I'll give you a hand. Doing it this way is a bit too slow