A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pixellating?!??

Smile

I can not figure this out...I want to be a able to pixellate portions of an image or all of an image. I have seen it done but I am stumpped. Is it a plugin for photoshop?? Please help, thanks.

the traveler
    yes, in photoshop.

enter the quick mask and use the gradient tool (or whatever other method you prefer) to select part of your image to pixelate.

there is a filter called "mosaic" which is basically pixelation, experiment with multiple layers of differering amounts of selection from your image, applying different levels of the mosaic filter to each layer.

Thanks for the help, but when I aply the quick mask and use the gradient tool everything appears fine. It is when I try to apply any filter that something is wrong. For some reason I cant select the mask..I am sure it is a stupid newbie thing so any help would be great.

--yep..newbie thing got it thanks alot!
    [Edited by OEMfactor on 03-12-2001 at 11:08 PM]

the traveler
    when you use the gradient tool in quick mask mode, you'll see red -- depending on your settings this red will signify the selected area or the non-selected area. then, exit quick mask and apply the filter, it will only apply to the part of the layer that isn't masked.