A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: tape cover: size dimensions.(need help b4 the end of WED nite)

i'm currently designing a tape cover and i wanted to know which is the best way on getting the dimensions down.
    the link below has the dimensions, but what program do i use and how do i use decimals for rulers. i;m lost and would love assistance.
    http://www.mmsdirect.com/templates/c.../cas_jcard.jpg
    peace, 1OvE
    rYaN

not to sound wierd or anything, but they still make tapes? I had no idea you could still buy them!

mg33

vestaxboy
    Well, do you have Quark Xpress or Adobe Pagemaker or Indesign? They are layout programs. You can use them to set up your page. Just make a new document the same size as the paper you are printing them on and then tile them away. Make sure you get the back pictures right. Remember, they are mirrored. So if your front was .5 in from the left edge, your back will be .5 in from the right edge. Second idea. Did you just use Adobe Photoshop? If you did, just make a new canvas in the correct diminsions and then move (with the move tool) your picture on to the new canvas. Only problem is you'll have a hell of a time getting them to print out where you want them. If you need more help, email me (see below) or AIM: Vestaxboy. Peace,

Originally posted by mg33
    not to sound wierd or anything, but they still make tapes? I had no idea you could still buy them!

mg33
    yeah man! there still here. = P

peace, 1lOvE
    rYaN

Vestaxboy, thanks a bunch for your help. much luv. i have both quark and illustrator. i added up the width = 5.583" and height of 4" and created a new doc in quark. i'm still kinda lost on the mirror part. i'll be emailing you 2nite.

peace, 1lOvE
    rYaN