A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dreaming about flash!

Smile

Last night I dreamt about actionscripts! Has this happened to you? Or is it just me?

Also, sometimes my best ideas and sometimes solutions to my Flash problems come when I am lying down thinking about flash in a relaxed almost sleepy state.

I know, I know... I need professional help!

later,
    RT

I know, I know... I need professional help!
    RT [/B]

nah you don't i have this as well...... i get all my design idea when i am going to bed..... (that's why i can't sleep)

i quickly get up and put what i was thinking about in flash and all of a suddden the night has passed and there i am all tierd and yawning......

hey i know a good shrink need the number??

caithness massiv
    dreaming in code is productive

if it occurs regularly, get more fresh air

lol dreaming about flash , tell me about it , i remember once i had a deadline and i was very late and yet i had some problems with some actions i had night mares about flash and i guess its true u get ur best ideas when ur about to sleep , i dont know who told me that the brain when is about to sleep somewhere there the brain would be 100% functional and i guess its true soem how

hey IFMP u in love ?????? congratulations man
    but is it mariah ?

You know all those wacky paintings by Salvadore Dali? Well, to get his ideas he would take a fork, and go to take a nap. He would hold the fork out over the side of the bed/couch/whatever, so that when he finally went to sleep, he would drop the fork and wake up.

This period between wake and sleep is called hypnagogia, and that's when you have hypnagogic hallucinations--in Dali's case, he painted what he saw in the hypnagogic hallucinations.

So I'm not surprised if that's the moment of peak creativity for most people! (myself included)

Originally posted by WalkAway22
    hey IFMP u in love ?????? congratulations man
    but is it mariah ?
    nope read this thread and i am sure you will know all about it..... http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=112204

Welcome to flavour country
    This is an interesting thread. I like awake for hours working out ideas I have. I think once you go to bed, all distractions are removed. It's about as close to sensory deprevation as you can get without one of those tanks. I don't know why I just don't get up and apply them but unlike iFMP, I have to sleep at some point. I can always remember what I had been think about in the morning though so it all works out.

caithness massiv
    last saturday i had a dream day

they occur every so often in my life... if you haven't had one, i suggest trying it out...

just don't wake up... force yourself to go back to sleep

i was having killer dreams all night... and when it came time to get out of bed, i decided to call it a dream day...

let me tell you... partially dreaming for 12 hours is crazy... the next day you feel like a different person all together

you can do it if the room is dark enough and your phone / distractions are turned off... just be ready for a few days/nights of awkward sleep schedules...

eventually, everything balances out again... but it's worth it

Glad to hear I am not alone, I figured as much.
    I'm gonna check out "hypnagogia" didn't know about it.

I've been doing flash for over 8 months now and I am really learning my "creative" habits. I have learned that I am good for 4 days of "creating/designing" and then 3 days I just wanna get away or do something else.

When I am lying down resting, if the idea is extremely brilliant I do get up and sometimes start working on it, or at least write it down so I don't forget it.

Heh...

I have dreams around once a week. Its been like this since I bought Flash. It's crazy that everyone else I know that does Flash has the same problem.