dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Am I slow, or is just my .SWF?

Okay, I'm stumped and need your help - please

--------------------------
    .FLA is at http://www.4loves.com/spring-test.zip (3 mbs)
    - - - - - - -
    .SWF can be seen at http://www.4loves.com/margie/gift.htm
    --------------------------

My problem is that the movie to be loaded (margies-intro.swf) should appear soon after the main movie begins, but it isn't loading until after the rest of the movie is loaded - or at least that's how it appears online. The loaded movie is a text effect (made in SWFX, so it can't be altered) that is showing up about 5 seconds after the rest of the main movie is loaded. I know that the rest of the movie is loaded by the fact that the "enter" button is appearing meaning that the last frame has been loaded (the main movie is 88 kb and the "load movie" is only 10kb).

How do I make the loaded movie appear quicker? Or at least before the "enter" button appears. (remember I can't alter the loaded movie becaue it's created with SWFX.)

In the first frame of the first scene I've got a "load movie" accion (in level 1)

then around frame 24 of the same scene I've got a "if frame 154 of scene 2 is loaded then go to frame 28 of current scene" and around frame 30 of the current scene there is a "stop" action with an "enter" button in that same frame taking the viewer to scene two where the main scene is.

The problem is that the "enter" button appears way before the intro text effect stuff and so you kind of miss the impact of the intro message.

Thanks for you help. And help yourself to the rather beautiful nature objects in my FLA.

Thanks.... tim

Hello friend,
    I saw your animation and I found no problems at all. Te text animation appeared much before the enter button.

um..... hmmm

Puneet....

Thanks for taking a look my animation.

I'm thinking you must have a fast Internet connection because I have 3 computers here and on all of them the text effect shows up late [note: the "load movie" shows up incorrectly the first time that it is loaded... after that it works fine b/c it is - of course - already loaded in the browser's cache.)

Is there any way to make sure a "load movie" movie is loaded before the main movie continues BUT without scripting in the "load movie"?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer :-)

I don't have a fast connection. I have got 56.6 kpbs connection

Smile well... I was wrong again :-)

Thanks again for your help, Puneet :-)

I guess i was wrong (it's not the first time <smile>)

I still can't see it right from my computers though :-/

So I guess I'll just work on the actionscript that will force it to work

Again... I appreciate your time and efforts!

tim