A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: unreleased U.P!-material, new stuff

Hi,
    I have updated my site with a TestLab.
    What can you find in the Lab?
    - tests,
    - new stuff I am working on (so you can see what I am working on at the moment),
    - try-outs,
    - things in devellopment,
    - my most recent products,
    - and much more.

I will be pleased if now and then people check my site and give some comment and advice, so my products will get better.

You can find the TestLab at my site: http://www.webanimaties.nl

or immediately by clicking on this address:
    http://www.webanimaties.nl/testlab.html

That's amazing stuff dude..!

One thing I'd suggest though is to change the scalbility of the flash movie. Make the size of the movie fixed , or set it up so it scales relative to one axis only, so the aspect ratio remains constant.

I loved the navigation system too, especially the plaform style menu in the test lab!

Great work dude!!

ThundaChunck, you said:
    One thing I'd suggest though is to change the scalbility of the flash movie. Make the size of the movie fixed , or set it up so it scales relative to one axis only, so the aspect ratio remains constant.

Thanks to your reply I want to change the scalability of my site of the flash movie. I don't want to fix the size of the movie in pixels. But I want (like you said) to scale the movie relative to one axis only, so the aspect ration remains constant. But I don't know how to do this.
    I can't find the right publish-settings. What/which numbers do I have to change.

Please could you or anyone else help me.

Originally posted by U.P!
    ThundaChunck, you said:

Thanks to your reply I want to change the scalability of my site of the flash movie. I don't want to fix the size of the movie in pixels. But I want (like you said) to scale the movie relative to one axis only, so the aspect ration remains constant. But I don't know how to do this.
    I can't find the right publish-settings. What/which numbers do I have to change.

Please could you or anyone else help me.
    I think it's impossible to scale relative to a single axis - Flash will always scale a movie proportionally. If this is what you are looking to do, under the File menu in Flash, you can adjust Publish settings to be a percentage as opposed to pixels (or in your HTML code, just look for the WIDTH and HEIGHT parameters in the EMBED function and put some percent signs after them).

I have tried scaling along a single axis using combinations, embeding the .swf in a table, etc. and have had no luck.