A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash in powerpoint

I have flash animated file I am playing in ppt with no interaction in it. After the flash movie has been played, the next time you play it shows the last frame in the animation. It does not rewind and I only want it to play once. Has any one figured this on out?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Once you put the swf into pp right click and select properties. You will see a dialog box open and you will see a property that says frame set it to frame 0. and set the property to play to true. then save the project out. This will fix the problem. If you open the project again you may have to reset the properties again. Thats why we call it Power Point(less) in my office. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Workaround

Howdy,

I've been searching through all of the old postings, trying to find the most common questions asked about the not-so-nimble interactions of Powerpoint and Flash.

Even though this post is a few months old, I wanted to post the workaround here, in case other people are searching for the information...

Basically, you just need to write a chunk of VBA that rewinds the movie. In ppt 97, you need to link that macro to a mouseover or mouseclick on an object. (I'm trying to find a true solution. That's why I'm calling this the workaround.)

For more information, there's a tutorial on .flashgeek. at:
    http://www.flashgeek.com/tutorials/05a_rewind97_01.htm

Hope that helps,
    Rick