A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AUTO-RUN FULLSCREEN??

I have a flash movie an autorun cd that plays a flash movie when it is inserted into the cdrom, how do i make it so that the movie is fullscreen?

sorry but I don't have the answer, I just wanted to say that I also need the answer.

In flash 5 use the fscommand, and place this action in your first frame, and that should be it:

fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Moved from Newbies to Stand A Lone

Smile Fullscreen for a CD-Rom

Originally posted by Covenent
    In flash 5 use the fscommand, and place this action in your first frame, and that should be it:

fscommand ("fullscreen", "true");

I have my flash swf on a cd and have autorun on it so it opens when it gets loaded. I'm trying to get it to go to fullscreen, and I have tried the fscommand ("fullscreen", "true"); but this doesn't work. My swf doesn't even recognize the command, and it just displays the swf file at the default size. Is there anyother way to do fullscreen without telling the user to click ctrl+F?

What you want to do is set your publish settings in Flash to Windows Projector. This will create an .exe file. The autorun "open" command only works for executables. Do not put the swf on the CD alone unless you are going to load it from a projector.

When you publish your file as an executable, the swf is "wrapped" with the projector, so it is only necessary to put the .exe on the cd, not the swf.

One last note... the FSCommand only works with standalone projectors. This is why your swf is not recognizing the FSCommand>Fullscreen command.

Hope this info helps...

Jabez
    [Edited by JabezStone on 03-26-2001 at 12:07 AM]