A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new intro...

Hybrid View

Choice Bro!
    This is my first attempt to use an image with swish.
    I optimized the image in Fireworks first. The whole file is 25k Is this good?

feedback welcome?

All the best

Rich

http://www.instinctdesign.co.uk

Senior Member - never forgotten

hey that was cool...

kinda spooky..but a neat affect..and loaded real fast..I like that...keep up the good work..

Nice work! I don't usually like the way pictures look when you expand them in flash (the pixelization [is that a word?]) but it really works with that intro!

ditto

what blazeman said. Nice job. ~Jer~

Wow!

instinct, I think it looks great!

So much so, that, would you mind if I borrowed your idea for something I'm working on?

looks cool but as blazeman said pixelization is bad...

Choice Bro!
    Thanks for encouraging feedback guy's.

No prob's rfreder with you using the idea. Let me know what you come up with.

Cheers

Rich

Check this out too. I had a play with an swi by adamlevy25
    and came up with this for a laugh....

http://www.instinctdesign.co.uk/swishwars.html

[Edited by instinct on 07-30-2000 at 11:51 AM]

Fine job you did there :-))

i dont like swish, easy to notice, overused, but you did do a good job of using it, if thats what you wanted, swish

is swish "too easy" for you? i think it's pretty powerful myself... Much faster alternative to using flash to do that kind of stuff in hours...

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    zplunk,
    welcome to the swish forum.
    was it a bit boring in the flashkit lounge?
    I don't like flash too much either, but I see no reason to go trolling over there and dumping on it.
    david p.
    I do like your homepage though.

Originally posted by zplunk
    i dont like swish, easy to notice, overused, but you did do a good job of using it, if thats what you wanted, swish
    [Edited by david petley on 07-30-2000 at 10:39 PM]

neat site....the pixelation is the only thing killin my eyes though...very nice, very nice...

Ohhh... whoops. I didn't notice that I was in the swish forum. I just did a search for new posts and this is where I ended up. Sorry. Oh yeah about it taking ours. It doesn't go look at the actionscripted text effects I did for a client. (the products section is down)

http://www.geocities.com/scottscigars

and guess how long it took me... lets put it this way it was faster than you can say swish!

Check ya later I'm back to the coffea loungue

I'm torn between flash and swish but i'm staying nutreul (spl?)

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Instinct

The first swi was great. You could avoid the pixelation problem, (only if you think it is a problem) by fading it earlier. I thought it was impactive.

Sweet

I also thought the pixelation was impactful, when does the museum open? To avoid it on such a noticable level don't optimize it so much. Say 256 colors and make it small (image size) and let the swish blow it up later with smaller pixels to start with.
    Someday Swish will support true vector graphics and you can import from illustrator.

Someday

Someday hopefully soon it will support imports of other vector file types.

I'm sure David is working on it now as a matter of fact. :-)

I liked the intro. Keep up the good work.

I am sort of hoping to have SWisH suport "e-jpg's" these are a format used in Compact Draw link here and when they are re imported you can take the image apart again into it's original component parts,

it will already import into SWiSH but you cannot strip it down.

here is a direct text quote from the Compact Draw site

What is E-JPG file

CompactDraw saves the project in *.idr file. However you can export it in CompactDraw revolutionary e-JPG format as well. e-JPG is a JPG compatible image format. You can use it on your web pages or open it in any graphics editor. However if you open the e-JPG in CompactDraw you will be able to edit again its objects, text or whatever else. The quality or size of the JPG image you see doesn't affect the quality of the editable objects. In other words you can just show it as a small thumbnail on your web page but then if somebody downloads it and open it in CompactDraw he will be able to edit it in full quality and he could save it in size or quality he prefer.

The advantages:

you don't have to make two files: a thumbnail and a file to download - the thumbnail is already the project file
    you can show the image in small size and let user to recreate the image in a quality, size and file format he likes - because of a small size of the project data the file would be much smaller than a jpg of the original size and best quality.
    versatility and no quality loss, you can preview the file as a jpg with low quality but with CompactDraw you can recreate the file again to any format and any quality.

Hey, Zplunk!

*CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* hey,he was rude!
    Oh yeah, got off track!...Instinct, looks awesome ...dont change a thing...this is a rare case when the pixelization
    (did I spell that right?) looked great...it would'nt be the same w/out it!...It totally made the effect...go with it!
    [Edited by gjkillam on 07-31-2000 at 02:42 PM]

nice font

where can i find it ???