dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ADVENTURE GAME

Question

Any one please could tell me where I can find a complete .fla of an adventure game????

Or if in the Flash Kit there are some, wich one is a adventure game???

THANKX A LOT!

Levi Henrique

Complete fla I doubt it..its damn pain to code it..but you can take a look at mine and if you like I can show you da way of building it..

http://members.nbci.com/savco/games/dd/dd.swf

mad_Sci

how did you input the data to get the guy to move like that? .. using the keyboard to make the mc animation move left right ..ect...

O think I mentioned, this is not Matrix based game..there is no imput data..just plain hitTest(); the guy is moving with a step of 1, 10 times that is the secret...

mad_Sci

ack.. differnt coding style from how I want to do it then.. nuts

are you with Flash 5 or Flash 4...

flash 5 .. well, trying to learn it

Smile

Your Game is pretty good!!
    but, I want to do a game diferent from that... Like, Monkey Island and Day of Tentacle...do you know?

I was thinking, how can I make the game, and problably my main dificult will be with the movement of the caractherer, beacuse the scenario will be a kind of 3D,hehehe. And with the objets disapering of the scenario. For example: In the scene of a bedrom. In the bedrom there is a key on the floor, how can I make the key disapering of the floor (with a click of the mouse) and appering on the inventory of the caracter???

And I liked a lot your maze that move... can you pass the code to us? Beacuse recentely I made a Pacman game, and I want to know others ways to make a maze...

Thankx a lot!

Levi Henrique

Smile

I had found a way more simple to explain my doubts...

How can a MC move to coodenates _x and _y that the cursor cliked?

games like Monkey island have been attempted in the past...
    check out http://www.banja.com

The problem with this game (for me anyway) is that it just takes too long to load, which for me defeats the purpose of flash....as far as actually creating a game as complicated as monkey island, all I can say is that it would have to be structured on paper before you even attempt to make it. I say this becasue you'll find the only way to track objects in your inventory and those you have not yet picked up will be through variables and arrays...this and the ability to save to a database via ASP or PHP etc...

...In my opinion a game like this MUST be completed in a blue print form first so that you can decide exactly what variables are needed.

any good tutorials on how to use a database or text file within a game?

.. I think the main thing is that the tutorials for flash havent covered some of these topics so everyone is still learning from scratch there own way.

I Agree with you Gambini!

This type of game is better to develop in other languages, like C or C++. SO, I want to know, if you(Flash Gurus)have study how to develop games and programs in a university, or just know how to develop flash, beacuse they learn with their curiosity?(this is only my curiosity to know more about flash developers)....

Thankx folks!

define adventure game? ... final fantasy? ..ninja turtles?...

I DO think that flash is able to make a game like the early final fantasy games.. in fact im sure of it 100%

No, I'm not want you to define a Adventure Game, but I want to know more about the developers, the how make the game...
    if they study in somewhere or just learn by herself...

Yeah! I think that is possible to do, but you will need some other languages,like they said...

I learned flash by myself because it was fun and it fit with me wanting to learn animation and web items.. and it would fit even better once 3d comes out for it..

as for using other languages for something like final fantasy or zedla with flash.. at least the early stuff.. im very sure flash can do it.. either putting it all in a large exe file or stringing it out in a mass of swf files..at what point do think flash cant do it? ...

This book has got a full Adventure game -

Flash 5 Cartoons and Games f/x and Design. By J. Robertson, R. Bazely, B. Turner.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...917382-9372509

It's really cool

JR did a superb job I think it is a very good book. Im sorry that I dont see him more often here...

mad_sci

Smile

I'm very pleased you like the book Mad_sci.

I do visit this forum every day, but you're doing such a good job that I don't need to post very often

So how did you manage to get a copy of the book before I did???

JR

Hey JR may be I messed up but arent you , James Robertson JR you know I got the book from a friend..

So whats up ..

mad_sci