dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ADVENTURE GAME

Originally posted by Mad-Sci
    Cool game, are you going to replace the cube hero with a human like form...it will look nicer ?

Mad_sci

Yes Mad_sci, I will definitely replace the dummy cube "hero" with a human(-like) being. I've tried it before using an animated character from Bioware Baldur's Gate and it looks pretty good, but I want to have original graphics.
    That's why I'm also looking for a 3D modeler/animator who could help me create animated character(s). I would eventually render it in Swift3D to a get an entire vector animated character(s).

to ssantoso -
    I guess you're right but the challenge here is to use our beloved Macromedia Flash, otherwise I would rather use a more "serious" programming language

Thanks for your feedback to y'all

I would rather try in flash then director.. more books for flash.. more tutorials... more helpful people... more disscusion boards.. more open source.. and the fact I know some what how to use flash is a big factor as well...

im making ( or trying ) a game like this too.. only my aproch is to do it all half ass for the first time out and clean up later

Hey I loved your game!
    I wanted to help you in your game, but, I think that I'm not in the stage that you guys, are... I'm stunding to one day make something like that!
    Congratilations!

Hi Guys

I too am creating something similar to the games suggested, isometric 3d games in particular.

However, i'm currently working on making it multiplayer, using xml socket server http://www.flashnexus.com

Does anyone have any thoughts on problems of making it multiplayer?

Thanks

Steve

Hi I'm created a 3D isometric RPG currently, when i hava ap playable demo I'll post a link.

Good luck etc

Ad astra per Flash
    Since this seems to be the place to be concerning adventure games:

heres a longshoot:

In a game im currently working on i want to implement a system of "talking" to the AI characters.

Does any of you guys know the commodore 64 game "Law of the west"? Its an western game, and was one of my favourites back then. It has a system something like this:
    the AI says something (text on the screen), you then gets about 3 different choiches on what you can say back, and the AI answers depending on what youve then "said" to him.

im looking for ways to duplicate this system, and make it in a way so i can more or less have all of the conversasion in one place and then call it with the help of variabels...
    thus saving me lots of kbs and coding time. sort of a mapeditor of sorts...
    (its pretty easy to solve it by a long series of frames - but thats what im trying to avoid)

i know ive been pretty loose in my description - but if any of you gets what im been rambling on about an have even the faintest ideas of how to get this done or where i can find a tutorial/fla on it i would be truly grateful.

Im exerimenting with it but i drown in variabels of all sorts and i bet theres better solutions than i have now.

JR - if you understand what im looking for: is there a chapter in your book about it? If so: more money for you

/b

Dr. Funfrock

I've seen your first finished example of an isometric 3D "room" and the engine is very promising, good job, keep working on it!

Best of Luck

hey thanks framais! for the rest of ya's heres a small taster of the 3D engine we have running

http://ceti.macam.ac.il/sebs/iso9.swf

You can see the random dynamic weather system, how the world rotates, and how the character (just a block ATM) interacts with the environment. We have sandy, muddy and snow textures ready to map onto the world.

So what do you think? Is this promising???

Cheers,
    Dr_Funfrock.

Yes Dr. FunFrock, it is, it's a grat starting point I'm curious to see its evolution!
    Best of luck!

Does anybody here knows about other isometric 3D games / engines? If so, could you please post the links?

Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mad-Sci
    [B]Complete fla I doubt it..its damn pain to code it..but you can take a look at mine and if you like I can show you da way of building it..

http://members.nbci.com/savco/games/dd/dd.swf

mad_Sci
    Hello! I write from Italy and I Have 15 year's old
    You are great! but have you got a fla for the firs screen?
    for response: m1969@libero.it
    Thanks! Goodbye!

I bought the book mentioned earlier in this post, excellent book, and i highly recommend it.

Good Boook

Oh just a thought, if your going to use multiplayer adventure games are you goning to include a chat facility into the game?

OK my isometric rpg game featured earlier in this thread is coming along great. An inventory system is being tested as we speak!

However, we seem to be having real trouble with the following points and are wondering if anyone on this thread can bail us out.

a) We need some lovely lanscape background's such as the ones featured in the flashkit gallery, can anyone allows us access to their creations in exchange for copywrite notices and a big mention on the credits?

b) ARGH 3D character creation. We seriously need a 3d character viewed from each 90 degree angle (90,180,270,360 so that as the player rotates the world, so character moves with it etc). Can anyone help us here. We have some other characters in development such as DragonMan (sounds evil, but he has a big heart and will be the guide to the player as he treks through the game!), check out the preliminary artwork and sketches on the official Enchantment Website.

Anyone who wishes to pitch in and help on this project is very welcome to do so, just sned me an email with your details and what you can do to dan@funfrock.net

Website is http://www.surfsure.co.uk/rpg - will be designed better nearer the time of demo release. I am concentrating on the game so the site just features the key articles.

I look forwards to some replies (please, we have 8 ppl working already but we need more to create one of the best near 3D remotely hosted RPG's EVER!)

Kind regards,
    Doc Funfrock