A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swish 1.51

The Swish 1.51 version works well in the play mode after having added various scenes and text animations. However, I am having trouble in the following areas:

1. After downloading the mp3 files I am unable to add it under the Add Actions menu. Nosooner Import is clicked ' Error reading file - xxx.mp3 -Unknown Error' appears. Please note that when the mp3 files that have been downloaded and double-clicked, they start playing correctly in the Windows Media 7 player (the most recent version).

2. The Swish movie created by me works well in the Test in browser (IE5.51), however when pasting the HTML code created via Export, Copy HTML to clipboard. on my site on a new page, the movie gives the background color, but appears to hangup.

Can somebody help please?
    Thanks
    Naushir

Taper Boy for the Prophets of the Funk

welcome to FK

alright, for the 1st problem....import the mp3 file after downloading it. then go to the appropriate frame where you would like to start playing the mp3, select Add Action from the Timeline Tab, and then select Play Sound (view below).

for the second part, you have to watch out the relative path of the movie that was loaded. in your published HTML, it probably says something like
    Code:
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="banner002.swf">
    <EMBED src="Untitled.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF
    		WIDTH=300 HEIGHT=40 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    		PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
    make sure that the HTML file is in the same directory as the SWF movie, unless you're familiar with using relative-path notations (../ or /somedirec/somefolder/file.swf).

SWISH 1.51 - IMPORT/LOADING MUSIC & HTML

Hi,
    Many thanks for the prompt reply.

1. I have followed exactly the sequences you mentioned for Loading music - Import mp3 after downloading, go to appropriate frame, select Add Action from Timeline tab, select Play Sound. It still does not work !. As I said earlier the file mp3 when double clicked by itself works fine, and hence there is no problem with the downloading of mp3 file.

2. For the second problem - the HTML code pasted on my ste page does not permit the opening of Macromedia Flash 5! The background image appears but no movie!
    Here is my code:
    SWISH HTML ENGLISH / 25.03.2001

<OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0"
    ID=Flash-Swish-En WIDTH=592 HEIGHT=276>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="Flash-Swish-En.swf">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#B1FAFE>
    <EMBED src="Flash-Swish-En.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#B1FAFE
    WIDTH=592 HEIGHT=276 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT>
    The Flash-Swish-En.html & Flash-Swish-En.swf file icons are placed in the same directory: C:\NMSaveNereides\Nereides-English where the Flash-Swish-En.swi (Swish movie) is located.
    Will this help to understand the problem? Hoping to hear from you soon.
    Thanks again
    Naushir