A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stopping a Scene?

Question

How would I go about completly stopping a scene? Here's the scenerio, I have a flash movie with 2 scenes. 1 scene is called preload, the other is the main movie. For some strange reason I have code running in the preload scene that for some reason keeps running in the main scene after it preloads! How can I completly unload the preload scene? I tried adding blank key frames and all. Is there an unload scene function?

Lightbulb

Hmmm...
    you can't unload scenes because a scene is part of a movie and is just a good way of avoiding huge timelines. I reckon you must have a Movie Clip in your preload scene that doesn't have a stop action at the end of it, so that it continues to loop - although, if you don't have the same clip on the same layer in your second scene, it should stop anyway. Have you loaded any external .swf's into the first scene (using 'Load Movie'). If you have, the loaded .swf will continue regardless of scenes as it will reside on a layer above the main timeline and therefore be out of it's control.