A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preparing a little movie

hey all. I'd like to make a short anime movie : with "mechas". a duel between 2 giant robots.I've just started the storyboard, and did few sketch to create the caracters. If you got time to see those two pictures, tell me what you think about it. This movie should appear in the coming anime section of flashkit !

here are the picts

http://akane.zerion.com/files/mekanorma.jpg
    http://akane.zerion.com/files/mekaflashkit.jpg

. for the tutorials, i have troubles to write it whole english. Be patient please

hmm. nice. mind if i help? first of all thoguh when you said mechas i thought of giant huge stocky bots with lasers and huge machine guns and mabye swords. yup . well we all got diffrent perspectives. still the pics are cool

Nelxon Studio
    Good job. Is the waist around the green Mecha like a gold metallic material. It looks good. I'd love to see more.

thanks for the reply =)
    in fact, my idea was : a duel between the flashkit mecha and the normanet mecha (normanet is the company were i work)
    it sounds fun to me

and while there fighting a lone soldier walks in. he is 1/10 there size and he looks up. he carries on his back a long sword made of blue diamond. around him he weres a tron shawl. he looks up at the battling maechs. suddenly a white flash blinds the screen and the mechs stop. bit by bit they fall to peices and then explode in the background as the lone soldier walks awya with teh explosion behind him, carrying his sword. nice eh? i dont think youd watn that though. even though im drawing a kick ass pic of that lone soldier

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Nice preliminaries, Akane. I always admire people who do plenty of pre-production and can layout their ideas completely before jumping into working on the final piece for delivery.

I am a cartoonist by technique and execution. Quick, abbreviated, take all the shortcuts, that's how I work. When doing comic book or cartoon strip pages, my layouts are on my final boards---I just jump into it.

I find myself doing the same in FLASH. My timeline is my layout board...I work and rework, adding symbols and animation elements as the project and plotline develops.

When it reaches "critical mass" I tie it all up, put in some control script and call it "done". It's amazing I do any kind of animation at all...!

[swf width=100 height=200]http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/swf/bot_mk1.swf[/swf]

thanks all =)
    but this was the simplest to do. Now to animate it lol
    in fact, i got half of the animations now. It just take times to import it in flash and draw it cause i want to redraw with the line tool (smaller file, more "celluloid-like" rendering), and i just began the lusic.

Now i think those mecha looks like Evangelion, too much, but no matter =)

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    I cant wait to see it!

so your not gonna put in my storyline of the lone soldier with a blue diamond sword? and i thopught it was a cool story. oh well. ill just make it my slef. damn im putting too much work on me. im probbably gonna die in a year from extra stress.

well , this caracter was not in my first idea !!
    why not, but it still more work too do^^ and i already figth to find time to do it. he. let me finish the mecha first, then we'll see =)

hey akane. man i was playin. i admit it was a good idea. i was jokin round. if i find the time ill animate this so called soldier with a dlue diamond sword. his name will be jubei hideo. he will be an orphan an a journey to find his soul. and his sister. hehehe. sometimes i think i should be a writer. i do have lotta good stories. mark you should make a story time sectino for people like me. yah! no im just jokin. nobodsy shoul ever take me serious let me tell you that now.

hehe ok =)

i drew the soldier. its good. hehehhe. kinda looks like tenchi muyo. MWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! his name is jubei hideo. he kicks major booty

Sounds great :)

Sounds and looks great Akane, can't wait to see the finished product...

P.S. Tha's a helluva nice footer you've got there As well as yours shockanime...damn they're all mighty fine...mines cheap, I think I'll have another go....
    [Edited by JP_Infinity on 07-26-2000 at 11:17 PM]

don't say that , i like your footer ! really.

Smile

Thanks Akane
    But I don't like the eyes...the writing took me a little while as I'm new to flash....I can draw (www.geocities.com/jp_infinity/drawings/01.htm) but importing to flash is another thing....I will keep reading all the tutes that get posted...