A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help-Frustrated!

Okay......here it goes this should probably be a couple posts. FIRST-I made some cool shperes in Bryce3D that I want to use in Flash4 for buttons. I exported them into Corel Photo-Paint. The problem I am having is getting them from Photo-Paint to Flash WITHOUT the white background<--this must be simple yet I can't figure it out. No I dont have adobe photoshop just Corel Photo-paint. I need to know what file format and steps to use/save as so when I import into flash it will just be the sphere. Also not sure if it matters I am using a bitmap already for the background. SECOND- the bitmap I am using for a background is a beach scene i made in Bryce 3D (I imported it into corel photo-paint etc.) I am wondering what kind of tips and files formats to use to make my background the best possible quality without making excessive download times? Any and All help is much appreciated. Thanx.

Save it as PNG OR GIF and If that doesnt work You can always go to the OLD sweet photoshop5.5 and go to save for web as PNG OR GIF and save on transparent

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    With Photo paint the only thing I can find that you can do is to create a new document and set the background as none. Then import the image that you want and mask and remove the unwated portions. Then save as a gif select the background color when you go to export, Regards, Bill

BugiMan, Can you really import a transparent gif from photoshop? How do you do that?
    I usually just cut and paste the image from photoshop to flash and then use the flash magic wand to select and cut out the background.
    The only problem with flash's magic wand is that it does not always select everything you want to cut out even after adjusting the tolerance... frustrating.
    Lael

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    If you look back, I mean way back I posted instructions in this thread on how to do this. What you need to do is create an alpha channel.

You have a layers tab and a channels tab.
    Click on the channels tab and add a new "alpha channel"
    now take your mask tool and select the areas you want to delete. Delete them and leave the mask inplace. click on the alpha channel and use the fill bucket to fill the masked area with white. Now save the image as a copy and make it a PNG. when you save it keep the alpha information. now when you import it into flash the only thing that is left is the area you wanted to keep. Regards, Bill

Open the image in Photoshop and Mask/Delete the Background

and make it transparant Than If you have Photoshop 5.5 you have an Save For Web Than save for Web as PNG/Gif

It wirks fine but you need photoshop 5.5

Trust me Pope its better than your Way Much easier .

If you need more help send me the masked image and i will save it for you if you dont have photoshop 5.5 or if you didnt make it

C u l8r m8