A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: calling up multiple pop-ups

Is that Flash?
    I've finally gotten the pop-ups to work right from flash, but, they replace each other as they're called up. How do I launch multiple windows??

I'm sure its a simple piece of code so thanks in advance.

Chili
    ps..I'm using:
    JavaScriptpenWindow("popup.html", "150", "150")in the .swf
    and then in the html:
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!-- hide from JavaScript-challenged browsers

function openWindow(url, w, h) {
    var windowprops = "width=" + w + ",height=" + h;
    popup = window.open(url,'remote',windowprops);
    }

// done hiding -->
    </script>

different window names?

How about sending each link to a new window name? Might be slightly easier to do if you use the method described in another thread (http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=116650)

Originally posted by thenewrules
    Put this in the Get URL field
    javascript:window.open('http://www.san-fran.com/tutorials/flash/scrollmenu_wframes/tutorial/scrolling_menu/index.html', 'NameofWindow', 'width=300,height=400,top=0,left=0,toolbar=no, scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,menubar=no,status=no,d irectories=no,location=no'); void(0);
    Requires no additional BS Java Scripts in your HTML
    You could try changing 'NameofWindow' to a different one each time. I just tried this in IE5 and found it only works if you launch one window at a time. But still it's something....I'm sure there's probably a better solution out there from those who are more javascript savvy than I...

Is that Flash?
    I can't get it to work without editing the html...Maybe because I'm using flash 4??

multiple windows

<script language="JavaScript"><!--
    window1=window.open('pages/page2.html','messageWindow1','scrollbars=no,width= 100,height=600,screenX=411,screenY=0,top=0,left=41 0')
    window2=window.open('pages/page1.html','messageWindow2','scrollbars=no,width= 400,height=300,screenX=0,screenY=0,top=0,left=0')
    window3=window.open('apage3.html','messageWindow3' ,'scrollbars=no,width=400,height=270,screenX=0,scr eenY=330,top=330,left=0')
    window4=window.open('apage4.html','messageWindow4' ,'scrollbars=no,width=270,height=200,screenX=523,s creenY=0,top=0,left=520')
    window5=window.open('apage5.html','messageWindow5' ,'scrollbars=no,width=270,height=370,screenX=523,s creenY=230,top=230,left=523')
    //--></script>
    Try this one in your html, just change the pages and the parameters of the window

Is that Flash?
    Thanks got it to work!!!! I'm a newbie when it comes to javascript, I guess I wasn't consistent with the code writing, my quotes were off or something....I never forget it again
    chili