A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE BEST FLASH ANIME ON THE WEB, PERIOD!

Thumbs up Not really anime/navigation terrible

When I go to an anime site I don't expect to see Parrapa the Rapper character rejects. That said, the navigation for the site was very "loud" and took to much time to go through. I am 99% of the impatient people out there who's pc runs faster than my own mind. I do not have time to find buttons and links on a page that could just be a lot of cute things moving around. I could not even tell what your site offered. You should use basic html development techniques when designing any site. Your first page should be simple and to the point. Use your Flash skills to add effects later or enhance a simmple page. Don't over whelm the senses on the first page. Save it for those who enter.

sorry, just being honest

that site's easier to navigate when you turn off your monitor.......

[swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFffff"]http://www.geocities.com/co2cat/naoneo.swf[/swf]

* turns off monitor * .... well I'll be damed.. he's right..

if you close your eyes and press your fingers hard on your eyelids... the graphics really improve as well..

* turns off computer * ... say its even better like this..

wait wait...

* turns off lights and goes to bed * .. dam, this really is the best flash site ever...

you guys are real jerks when something isnt anime...bubblesoap rocks. its not anime...thats why it rocks. it was advertised as anime because you lame &*#&'s won't even click it unless your tricked into it. and as it was already stated...anyone with half a brain can navigate it. its fun, different...better than mech's and school girls...well maybe not school girls.

what really got me was the ween drum loop...good eye HORVATH.

Thumbs up john at ibm...

agree completely...can't art just be art for art's sake? why does it need to have a point? turtle car rocks.

three things:

1. dont post a site saying its anime when its not and think somehow your not going to get attacked for it..

2. dont say its the best when its not and think somehow your not going to get attacked for it..

3. dont be surprised if you get attacked for lieing about items number 1 and number 2 in the first place and think somehow your not going to get attacked for it..

Thumbs up why so harsh?

obviously the starter of this thread likes the site. why bash his/her opinion? if you don't agree simply say you disagree and shut your pie hole. no one asked for you to continue on your rant...

I'd hate to close this thread because ultimately I think the site featured is good, just could be more "complete". Let's keep the comments civil and intelligent, and not have a flame war. Thanks!

tartarsause: three things for you...

1) anime (believe it or not) is not the be all end all of the animation world.

2) yes it was advertised as anime...they have big eyes right? haha

3) you are dumb to disagree with 1 and 2.

you dont like it...fine...i like it...thats great. lets get on with our lives now.

manga = strictly japanese
    anime = both japanese and american
    cartoon = that site

i'm not adding to the argument, i'm just stating that its the STYLE of the backgrounds and characters which defines its catagory.. if you ask me, that site reminds me of magic roundabout and danger mouse.. but then, i drink bleach

It does look like Dangermouse.... That is so funny.

artbones ... jhon_at_ibm .. I have given this thread far more attention then it deserves and I feel that you both are more then willing to take this matter and turn it into a personal insult war.. therefore I am hoping that no one else will bother to post to this thread any longer in the hopes that it will be buryed as far down on the board as possible. thank you.

Anime?

Waitaminnit. Thats' not anime!!! You misled us!!! It's flash animation and use of toons in the interface!!! Anyway, fresh stuff dude...

Thumbs up personal insult war?

what are you talking about? i'm just saying respect other opinions. you seem to have a problem doing that.

I like it, its not true anime, but still I like it. The interaction is good, probally goes back to the guy writing children's books, I think Horvath said, very nice!!.

I pulled out some great nuggets from the site..

Like the others I found the navigation a little confusing, but there's a lot to be found in there if you dig deep enough..!

Here's a music vid :

http://www.jotto.com/bubblesoap/BBSPvideo.html

And check out this fantastic keyboard triggered mixer thing..!

You've got to see it, I can't explain it easily..

Just try it out here : http://www.jotto.com/bubblesoap/mixer.html

Have a go with the different characters screens too, there's a great one for hunni, with a freaky looking horse town..

http://www.jotto.com/bubblesoap/hunnibikin.html

Great stuff...

Post Anime

About this anime business. Im a diehard fan of "Manga" Japanese cartoons. Now these ARE serious animes if u wanna see them. "Akira" rules!

Bout the site. It was really mind boggling at first. I dint know it was designed for kids until I NOTICED somewhere here in all the replies. If I were a kid Id be lost for a while before I knew how to turn off my monitor let alone navigate around. Its well thought out from the design and creativity point of view. I DO give credit to that.

Honestly, this site (as most others agree) was difficult to navigate at first. Ive only gotten through to the experimental beats bit and had enuff. Just not patient enuff. I like stuff with pizzaz and lotta Flash here and there with the right amount of juice.

Cant get over the theme loop ringing in my head... !

most of you fools wouldn't know good animation/illustration/character design if it karate kicked you in the nuts. try and do something a little different once in a while it will do you good.

keep up the good work horvath.

I toltally agreed with ya matthig.
    They might as well delete the 'Art' from this board title to just 'Anime'.
    Hovath, I envy your talent and pity the ones that call themselves artists but never actually have an eye or talent to even apriciate art let alone create any.