dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need some help...

Look I am needing some help design some high-end websites in flash, I am needing information on the RIGHT way to design a page. I was wondering if anyone had a high-end almost fully functioning website that I could look through the .fla to see how you designed it. I am getting stuck on doing scene to scene or movie to movie morphs, since there are many ways to do this, and my page is taking up almost 1mb because when I design it I am taking up a million frames with all these animation scenes.

Thank you

I am in the process of building two sites, one at work, and one for myself. First, if a site is 1 meg, that is going to take eons to download.

Anyone else reading this, how do you suggest he work this problem out? I can't really describe the way I am doing my site, because it is my first one, and I don't have any other ones I have changed around to avoid these problems.

mg33

acQuired brAin

bandwidth profiler

Hi,
    Don't have a site to provide, but a good tip is to work with the bandwidth profiler and make sure you stream your movie in. This will help you to see where the animation gets heavy and you can adjust accordingly. We live and die by the bandwidth profiler so stay under thew redline and plan plan plan.
    Story boards of the sequence of events will help in the preplanning stages and also identify possible problems early.
    This is just one element to be considered when building a site but a very important one.

Good Luck
    (check out the movies in open source on flashkit, heaps of good fla's for inspiration )

Thanks.

Thanks for all the help. And with that I figured what is happenening and where my problem is, I am writing it off. What I need to know how to do is this.

When you push a button on the menu I want it to goto another frame in that movie and then it'll hit a stop in the frame, then I need that button to tell it to open a new movie. I can't put it where it is in the stop frame, becuase each button is going to open a different movie.

I hope that makes since. Thanks for all the help

eample

goto http://www.nbuilders.net/flashkit
    hit the " SHOWCASE BUTTON "

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

Just as a reccomendation, I would suggest that you move your frames per second rate up by 8-10 fps. One of the main things you dont want to happen, is for clients to have to wait for something to happen. If you increase the frame rate, it will give your site a zip, that will keep the clients brain guessing, and provide a sensible speed for your movie. Cheers, Stevestarr