A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Look at this ... a stupid bug

Red face

look at this ... i dont no what i did wrong but this looks like a big bug in flash 4.0
    here preview it here rednek.hypermart.net/test_bug.swf

and here is the fla file to see for your self rednek.hypermart.net/test_bug.fla .

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

I looked at the code and It does what you told it to. I dont see any bugs init. If you want to say what the problem is then someone can help. But the code does what it says it should do. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

what it shoed do is that the 3 dots play 3 diverent movie clips but they dont ... the 3e butten play's always the first movie ..... HELP

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

You need to remove the goto frame one and play action on the button. It is telling the movie to start playing again. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

yep i know that but that is not the problem the problem is that the 3e butten plays the movie for the first button but in the prevenses of the 3e button i sead that it shood play the movie file for the 3e button . even when i delete all the actions from the 3e button it still plays the movie for the 1e button . and that's what i call a

Smile

HI,a non-profecional oppinion. I think that you have to change the approach to that problem. ( I start to repeat myself ).
    Idea:
    1. create 3 different buttons ( the dots )
    2. create 3 different clips ( sliding bars the news ...)
    3. in the button use roll over -- load movie roll out --- unload movie
    See if this will help. I havent tryed this but on top of my head.

BTW why button 1 is a movie clip ?. butt 2,3 are oK
    Just asking
    chao

thanks but thats not the problem i have3 deverent buttons and for each button i have made a movie file ( not a external .swf ) i gave every butten a diverent action like this .

on mouse event roll over
    tell target /but_news_mov
    go to next frame and play
    end mouse event .

i did this for every stupid butten and i named every movie diverentle . and now coms the problem when make the actions for the 3e button ( dot )and i name the movie for the 3e button it all ways play's the movie for the 1e button always AAAAAAARGGGGRGRG thats the problem and i have a dead line for 1 april