A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: why are my posts decreasing?

hey... just a short question... why is the number of my posts decreasing? i had 301 when i left work today and have 295 or something like that right now? are moderators deleting my posts? and if so, may i find out why or in what instance, so i'll know next time to not act or do the same thing?

Blue Haired Muppet

sometimes a person deletes a thread that he started, if you were in that thread then your posts get deleted also. That is probably what happened unless you did something bad...

hey i sure hope not... but if i did, wouldn't the moderators let me know? (like with an email or a post in the same thread or something like that)...

FK Junkie
    Yep, if one of your posts gets deleted or moved the mod deleting it will almost always send off an e-mail to let you know why. If you have your e-mail address turned off, however, then we can't send you an e-mail so, instead, they usually just post a reply or new thread with an explanation.

But, as xerxes said, it was probably just someone elses post getting deleted that caused your post count drop .

See you around

I had this problem when I hit around 100. I posted my 100th and then got off the computer. I got back on and I only had 94! It was wierd, but it was because someone had deleted their own thread. It doesn't really matter though.

In the words of the wise Xeres, he said that it shouldn't matter how many posts you have, but the qaulity of them.

yeah, i know that. i'm trying my best to make the posts as consistent as possible and be able to give some constructive critisicm to people in the different threads. it's not such abig issue, but it did seem kinda weird at times... after taking part of all those deep discussions in the coffee lounge (you know what i'm talking about ) suddenly everything seemed possible: alternate reality, where my posts were less; i travelled back and forth in time and space to see myself having 5 posts more and then back to the cruel present where those 5 were missing; a supernatural power possesed flashkit and decided that my posts weren't worthy of its presence... please add your own little perspectives here...

seriously though, thx for clarifying this matter to me. i sorta figured that this is what could cause it but wasn't too sure.

thx a lot!