A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: *~ The all new FK members smiley thread ~*

Re: What did I think of the general look of the site..?

Originally posted by mazeguy
    The way the entries are arranged now make the pages longer than they need to be. If the table structure was moved around, the pages could either be shorter or hold more smilies in the same amount of space.

I pasted together this picture as an example...

http://mazeguy.tripod.com/thundachunk.html

By the way, who attributed that ThinkGeek coffee mug to me?
    I revamped the look, it's almost like your image there..!

As for the thinkgeek mug, that was me, I just thought it looked cool, though I'm going to empty the entire db again because the huge e-man pics that are ruining the look. I'll repost all the stuff again, but it's looking poor. I've still not found any decent db software on-line, so this is the only option..!

Any more smielys..?

At last, I'm back at college now after a throat infection, and at last I've got a copy of access to play about with, the database has been honed and fine tuned, and MazeGuy, all your entries have the correct mailing addy now..!

So all's well..!

Feel free to add more smileys, as I've got control over the db again..!

Cheers

John

So how difficuklt is it to intehgrate MSAccess into a Site? ODBC is something I have never actually got into!

Any ideas where the best place to get a few tutes is?

It's not hard if you know what you're doing, but I don't know what I'm doing, so it's been hard for me..!

I guess the best start is to modify an existing script you can garuntee will work, as I did with the smiley db.

It's basically a guestbook script at heart, all I did was mess about with the formatting and field content to get it as a working smiley db.

The bit's I'm proud of are the code generators, since they make up the [img] code and the HTML ready to copy and paste the pictures into web pages, e-mails and vb based message boards..!

Ah well, your best bet is Brinkster as they've got free hosting and a number of help files/links to get you started in db programming, plus they've got an on-line access db creation tool.

Cheers

John

Originally posted by ThundaChunk
    At last, I'm back at college now after a throat infection, and at last I've got a copy of access to play about with, the database has been honed and fine tuned, and MazeGuy, all your entries have the correct mailing addy now..!

So all's well..!

Feel free to add more smileys, as I've got control over the db again..!

Cheers

John
    It's looking good!
    [Edited by mazeguy on 04-05-2001 at 10:00 AM]