A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ilustrator to swf file - v.slow

I want to copy my illustrator 9.0 logo to swf file and to then tween the logo's scale on my movie. However, after importing converted swf into the movie and creating a motion tween the movie plays back at an incredibly slow rate!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I would check the library to examine the files output from Illustrator. I have had some bad experiences exporting .swf files from I9 where it creates lots of graphic symbols from things that don't really need to be, particularly transparencies. This might bog down your scene.
    If this is the case, you might want to uncheck all of the options in the .swf exporter, except for maybe preserve layers. I would also stay away from transparency - make it transparent yourself when you import to Flash.

If not, it may be a matter of optimization. Check how many gradients/layers/vectors you have in the image, partocularly relative to how much will actually be seen (if the logo will be small, you can afford to reduce the quality somewhat), and do some optimization.