A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how do you ANIMATE

I anm a just learning flash 4 and I was wonderig if anybody could help me to animate. Could you give me links or send a tutorial that would be killer. Thank you

If you click on the tutorials, there should be some tutorials. What do you want to animate? I might be able to help ^_^

We're all here to help!
    I'm working on some general animation tutorials right now (actually, I'm trying to get the first one finished [IM or ICQ me if you want to see some of the SWFs I plan on incorporating into the lesson]), but if you give us an idea of what you are trying to do, perhaps we could serve you better.
    Welcome to Flash!

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    I animate frame-by-frame like laying a railroad line. Call me the "John Henry" of FLASH anime. Right! I can beat ANY automatic tween! NOT!!!

heh-heh-any way that works is the right way.

I did the ANIME BB banner ad by sketching the characters with a graphic tablet in FLASH and doing some quick tweens. Took about a day.

[swf width=468 height=60]http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/swf/fk_anime_bn.swf[/swf]

what i suggest is to use tracing paper. Instead of drawing the same pictures over and over again, just draw the part you want to animate on tracing paper...jus remember to place the tracing paper over the previous image so you know where to draw ^_^

one question naldo. why does the guy have an extra ordinary sized hindu dot? plus (thopugh i am not hindu) i believe that men do not have it. but i may be wrong.

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    The pen-tool slipped, I thought it looked cool. I wanted to add prayer beads, too, but forgot or got lazy.

I am a cartoonist, and a lazy one at that. Technical accuracy is not my forte'. Hope I did not offend!

hey i dont care. i am realistic though and pickey on this stuff. hehehe