A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swift doesn't like my file :(

something always go wrong..

But it's probably cause i'm using Ill 9, and i don't know if it is supported, i keep getting an error message saying file not recognized, so i always have to take it down to ill 8 and then import. But then the damn rendering is too much for my computer to handle, after hours of rendering it is stuck on frame 2, and i get an error message saying not enough memory. I guess 64 megs of ram, and 500megs of specifically alloted virtual memory won't cut it. And all it is a 40 frame rotating logo, with 6500 polygons (that's not much considering it's supposed to handle up to 30,000).
    Okay now TheMatrix has tired it out for me on PIII and he can't seem to get it to work either, same problem it gets stuck at frame 2

So does anyone from erain or somewhere wanna help me out and try and render the files for me, from swift 3d files, to .swf files??

here are the links for the files I need converted, they can be sent back to me at dj_sticks@hotmail.com

http://olympia.fortunecity.com/torvill/581/zigzag04.zip
    http://olympia.fortunecity.com/torvi...ght45deg05.t3d

Thanx... looking forward to someone helping me out... remember to email them back at dj_sticks@hotmail.com

My regards,
    Sticks
    (Note orginally posted in the 3D board)

I keep having a problem very similar to yours if u get any answers please e-mail me. Thanks
    zach_bailey@hotmail.com

man i wish i could give you some answers but i can't. I've asked many ppl to try and render this file, people with tons of ram and nice pIII/xeon's and they haven't been able to get past frame 2. I don't know what the problem is. But on the good news as Always one person has been able to come through: FLASHGURU... he said he was able to render them and will email them to me.. so now i'm just waiting on those.. hopefully it worked... if not.. then ERAIN support i guess is my last place to turn. If i get any answers from them i'll tell you.

Let me have the Original Illustrator file... (Altho, I only have version 8, so if you could "dumb" it down for me that would be great...)

Vince

okay i hope this helps. i'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the file, all the paths and everything are close and everything. When i took the file down to ill8 i had the option of preserving paths OR preserving transperency. I choose preserve transparency, this may be a problem but i really really doubt it.

well neways the preserve transparency ill8 file can be d/l at:

http://olympia.fortunecity.com/torvi.../bslogoai8.zip

thanx to everyone that is trying to help me out...

sticks

I don't know if this will help but here goes,

Import the file in flash an d then modify, trace bitmap to make it a vector shape. Then save image as .eps and import it into swift3d, then wait for an hour and presto!!!

p.s. Thanx Vince you're the mesiah of swift3d!!

Won't help by doing that. The whole file was created in Illustator 9. So it is already in vector format from the beginning.

Man this file is a real B%$@H ...

To date no one has been able to render this thing, and no one has been able to find a problem with the AI file, nor the Swift file, yet still no one has been able to render it

WHY ME??????

Neways I really appreciate the help and suggestions, keep them coming... I'm not gonna give up on this file just yet.

I think it's about time to call it quits...

No one seems to be able to help, nor has anyone been able to find a problem with the swift file, nor the ai file that was used to make the swift file...

Thank you everyone that did help, and tried.. if you have any more suggestions, keep them coming, but i'm about 99% sure that nothing can be done...

I dont't hink i'll be using swift much... i'm gonna try some other stuff.. but this was the only thing i needed, oh well maybe later it will come in handy.

GL to everyone else...

Smile

Very Interesting!
    I just went and got your ai file and brought it into ai and saved as an eps. Then I brought it into Swift and it named the object "Group of 4 objects". If you hold down the control key and move what appears to be 1 object to the side at that point, you will see 3 pieces of junk. One of them is merely a dot. Anyway, delete those pieces. Your drawing will now render very SWIFTLY
    If you have a problem, let me know and I will send you a cleaned up t3d file to work with.
    Happy rendering!

thank you very much.. i'm gonna go off and try that now..

I realized it was 4 objects to.. don't know why, there are no individual objects in the ai file, but somehow swift created them.. weird, but when i did my animation i kept then cause i thought they might actually be something..

Well neways i'm gonna remove those pieces and try.

thank you very much,
    and i thought everyone forgot about me.. my bad i forgot that most of you were at flash forward 2000.. i wish i was

Neways thanx everyone..

Thanx everyone my file finally worked. it turned out that the way swift was importing the ai file was the problem. For some reason there were 3 extra objects created. After i deleted them as advised, the rendering went great even on my comp which only has 64 megs of RAM

Hope this helps someone else too..

thanx again
    sticks