A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CD ROM Resume Cover. Critiques Needed Please!

Hybrid View

I'm graduating this May and making a CD ROM resume using Flash.
    This is the first attempt for me designing a CD Cover and I need you guys' input please. I'm trying to get noticed because they probably get hundreds of resumes a day. I also don't want to get overlooked because I did a bad cover design.
    I'm not a Graphic Art student so I learnt all this on my own, so the pros out there please help.
    I can take criticism very well, but if it's suck, please don't just say 'suck'. Please say why is it suck and how can I improve it.
    Thanks!!

I Like it alot sticks out with the colors (Good thing)... Catches the eye... but i think you should make your namem ore visible Mantachai or whatever... If that is your name... On the left going downwards that thing.... Its nice tho

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Hi! I think You have the right idea for the cover, but your really missing the point of it. That image would be great for a background in a webpage, but I don't think it fits it's purpose. I'll give you a review of most of the elements in it.

• Arrows - Those arrows are my favorite part of the cover, except I don't really like the color grey when it is alpha over red. One idea would be to change the colors, or just not alpha it as it gets bigger.
    • red background - Not much to say about that. It's perfect.
    • The sitting dudes - That is something that needs replaced. They are totally out of place and don't go well with the theme.
    • Title with your name on it - Good concept, but the colors need changed some way. The Yellow doesnt look right in the whole color scheme, and Again, grey doesnt look good alpha over red. imho. Also may want to change the font to something a little more readable like bankgothic or verdana

You're on the right track, but rememeber what the purpose is. That is the hardest thing to do in transition between print and web graphic design.

Good Luck!

Chuck

Thanks for input guys!
    Yeah transition from web to print is pretty hard.
    I'm gonna go work on it some more, and might design another whole new page to have some other options.
    Maybe with stronger images for better impact.
    Thanks again!

My Good Little Birdie

Don't forget to put it in your porfolio! Those kind of things are great to use!

Looks pretty cool. I really like the colors.

Good luck with it.

mg33

Thanks man
    Hey BTW, what do u think of my footer?

My Good Little Birdie

hehe that footer is cool! I love the glass effect! Green and gold are my favorite colors too!!

GO PACKERS