A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T7 vs 2A vs FI vs ES

(Mainstream)
    http://www.Theory7.com Vs http://www.2advanced.com Vs http://www.fantasyinterfaces.com Vs http://www.estudio.com

Well, this is going to be going on forever.
    to sum it up fairly... the 4 best on the net for the mainstream audience.

The comments seem harsh but not intended to be.

http://www.theory7.com
    Navigation - 8 (a little boaring)
    Sound - 6 (simple but thats the style)
    Graphics - 6 (again simple but thats the style)
    Motions - 9 (beautiful)
    Interface - 7 (v. good but room for improvement)
    Originalty - 5 (not much but the best for the 45 Degree)
    Design - 8 (simplicty is hard to design and this is great)
    Content - 8 (many drawings that can be zoomed in)
    Overall - 57 (Theory7 is a class of its own)- the 007 of flash sites.

http://www.2advanced.com
    Navigation - 8 (simple amd fast)
    Sound - 7 (good but much improvement needed)
    Graphics - 8 (ground breaking)
    Motions - 5 (lacking what others have offered)
    Interface - 6 (ground breaking to the net but not to the movies)
    Originalty - 10 (ground breaking)but no longer
    Design - 8 (fantasic "load in" use)
    Content - 6 (to personal)
    Overall - 58 (2Advanced was the trigger but now passed with respect)the trigger of good flash sites.

http://www.FantasyInterfaces.com
    Navigation - 8 (simple and professional feel)
    Sound - 9 (fantastic, adds well to theme)
    Graphics - 9 (excellent when incoperated in to the actual interface)
    Motions - 7 (smooth but could be better!)
    Interface - 9 (unbeatable for a mainstream audinece)
    Originalty - 7 (takes it to the next dimension but they were inspired)
    Design - 8 (pro)
    Content - 8 (heavy but makes up with opitions and excellent load system which beats 2Advances)
    Overall - 65 (Obviously my favourite, but they have the internet at a 4th dimesion) - The Interface of the Internet

http://www.estudio.com
    Navigation - 8 (superb originalty)
    Sound - 10 (the kings)
    Graphics - 5 (good be better)
    Motions - 5 (smooth but not ground breaking)
    Interface - 5 (pro, but good be better)
    Originalty - 8 (excellent teshniques but inspired)
    Design - 8 (pro,and hard to beat)
    Content - 8 (not complete but so far amazing)
    Overall - 57 (Fantastic) - a real media future.

This is my opinion, ive been monitoring the boards for some time now and feel that design that talks is the mainstream design.

Although above is graded, it means nothing to their target audience, as they are equally mastered.
    These sites should not be put down or ridiculed. Anyone that posts so is purly jealous (to some extent).

There are other fantastic designs out there, but the interface design is the most popular and accepted by the mainstream internet public.

just trying to be fair.
    Im not comparing for the purpose of putting one down and another up, but to view the qualities each one has and does not have.

Thank you !

the traveler
    the entire concept of "rating" something is beginning to irritate me, to be honest.

Originally posted by firstpost
    [BAnyone that posts so is purly jealous (to some extent).
    [/B]
    mmmm...no I don't think so.

i don't really like those sites. I mean, they're all well made I have a huge amount of respect for all the designers but they aren't my style of choice.

Am I purely jealous....uhh...no.

I agree with u aa.

to aa and squink

I also do not like to rate sites as so, i do agree but so many other posts rave about these sites. They are looked down upon and up upon. The purpose of this post was to put a final conclusion to all the posts claiming that each one is a copy of the other etc...and the fact is that each one is its own masterpiece.
    these 4 sites seem to be the most famous and inspiring to the flash public, so while they are in the spotlight its good to race them.
    but agreed, i would only ever race these 4 for the reasons above.

The Phattest Bwoy at Flashkit

Re: to aa and squink

I also do not like to rate sites as so, i do agree but so many other posts rave about these sites. They are looked down upon and up upon. The purpose of this post was to put a final conclusion to all the posts claiming that each one is a copy of the other etc...and the fact is that each one is its own masterpiece.
    these 4 sites seem to be the most famous and inspiring to the flash public, so while they are in the spotlight its good to race them.
    but agreed, i would only ever race these 4 for the reasons above.
    they may be the most famous...but not the most inspiring
    and why compare? these sites are the best in ur opinion...but not everyones.

I personaly HATE Fantasy Interfaces because of their attitude..."inspire the internet" what kind of bullshi* is that? i don't inderstand what people see in it...most of their trailers are just pics and text flying everywhere and except for the backgrounds...the whole site is just some simple gradients in photoshop and flash. Overall i think they are just a bunch of bull. But that's my opinion.

as for the others....true designers...great work

don't get me wrong...this is my opinion.

and firstpost...instead of judging others...why don't u create something?

ur rating those sites on innovation and originality...i don't see u innovating

to gobhi

Gobhi,

I think "your opinion", is a little to harsh, I accept it but i think its fair to say that you went overboard ?
    FI, and the rest are the "mainstream", thats why im comparing. I dint think you can compare really any others but these.

Why so harsh on FI, many think they have done a better job than the rest, if you dont think so, its still not fair to put them or anyone else down like you did. Your statements are not justified. Many put down 2A also in these forums but also not fair.

I personally am not a world class designer but more of a perfectionist with presentation. I think mainstream makes money for a mainstream audience.

Re: to gobhi

Gobhi,

I think "your opinion", is a little to harsh, I accept it but i think its fair to say that you went overboard ?
    FI, and the rest are the "mainstream", thats why im comparing. I dint think you can compare really any others but these.

Why so harsh on FI, many think they have done a better job than the rest, if you dont think so, its still not fair to put them or anyone else down like you did. Your statements are not justified. Many put down 2A also in these forums but also not fair.

I personally am not a world class designer but more of a perfectionist with presentation. I think mainstream makes money for a mainstream audience.
    well this is ur opinion...i respect that...but i still stand by what i said...i am just saying what i feel.

Gobhi, we seem to be respecting each others opinions but i notice many do the same but so not respect the work a company or designer puts in to the site when they make the remarks you did for instance. I think you should also respect their efforts, thats why they have obviously acheived a "famous" standard right now, dont you agree ?

No fantasy

Hell I still can't get into fantasy interfaces, and I'm on a G4 running IE 5. Any other mac users have the same results? And if it matters, I'm on a T3 connection.

Can someone send me the url to the swf file of fantasyinterfaces? I think there is a script in the index that boots me to index2 everytime

None of them are ground breaking because none of them are practical, if upir into the internet for ideas then fine, but if your working int the real world where things need to be practical then bye bye

FINALLY

I actually got into Fantasyinterfaces after recieving an e-mail from ther creative director. Here's the URL

http://www.fantasyinterfaces.com/start.html

I am very impressd with this site, and I appreciate someone from the design team actually taking their own time to help me and other Mac users.

Gobhi, we seem to be respecting each others opinions but i notice many do the same but so not respect the work a company or designer puts in to the site when they make the remarks you did for instance. I think you should also respect their efforts, thats why they have obviously acheived a "famous" standard right now, dont you agree ?
    why should anyone respect them when they think their all that? they shure act like they are the best....the more i think about it...it looks like almost every single post u made in all the forums include fi...i'm guessing u probably work for them...but who am i to judge u right? but this is how they got famous...by u....probably their marketing strategy.

Flame me all u want but i say what i think...this is what the boards are for.

peace

to gobhi

as ive said before, my fav site, and your not the first one to assume that im their marketing guy, do you honestly think that if i was i would market in a place that is flooded by other designers who are their competition and with not one possible client ?

I respect you but your still to harsh on them.

whatever man....i really don't care anymore

why why why

firstpost,

Why do you insist on plugging fantasyinterfaces on this "discussion" board. We are designers trying to talk about design. Why are you trying to do product marketing here? By making some sort of "who's who" list and inlcuding what is probably your LAME ASS SITE, you actually lose all respect of the REAL designers. It would have been humbler and wiser to just go, "Hey here's my/our site, what do you think." Only Gobhi is responding and he doesn't even care. I would change my handle if I were you but you're probably on your third or fourth thus the obvious attempt to cloak it by using "firstpost." I bet you'd be an executive memeber by now with the amount of post you've actually done. You win the sad face award.

Re: why why why

Originally posted by Xerobot
    firstpost,

Why do you insist on plugging fantasyinterfaces on this "discussion" board. We are designers trying to talk about design. Why are you trying to do product marketing here? By making some sort of "who's who" list and inlcuding what is probably your LAME ASS SITE, you actually lose all respect of the REAL designers. It would have been humbler and wiser to just go, "Hey here's my/our site, what do you think." Only Gobhi is responding and he doesn't even care. I would change my handle if I were you but you're probably on your third or fourth thus the obvious attempt to cloak it by using "firstpost." I bet you'd be an executive memeber by now with the amount of post you've actually done. You win the sad face award.
    THANK U MAN!! at least someone stands up for stupidity...it's people like him that make forums like these seem bad.

look alikes---looking for originality

I like theory7's approach to the animated navigation and the fact that there is a different 3d wire frame animation for each section, And i do like the look of fantasy interface when it comes to the pictures in the team section and the buttons are neat, 2advanced is good at making the cool futuristic panels and "mechanic" feel to it, while e-studio's site has good mellow sound and and doesn't hurt my eyes if i am on their site too long, BUT...all of these sites use THE SAME DAMN ANNOYING CONCEPT in everyone of them, they all have their content in the middle and have some kind of sliding door effect going on between pages. true these four sites are good in the fact of design and appearance and sound and all the goodie stuff, but could somebody out there come up with an original navigation system. I think it is time that someone breaks the mold and blows everyone away.

At Ultrashock, the guys at Fantasy Interfaces submitted their site into the gallery/links page and their description was "The worlds greatest web design firm".. Check it out for yourself. Who the hell says stuff like that about their own work. I have no respect for the guys at Fantasy Interfaces, and how they send all their marketing guys to flashkit and were-here to promote their site using fake names etc. This just isn't on..

Props still goto Eric Jordan. Although he aint the most original, I still think he's got it going on.

Word up to designers who make original ***** like:

http://www.cdilv.com
    http://www.neostream.com
    http://www.dennisinteractive.com
    & the old lunarmedia.com before they took it down.