A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Big Bang Theory vs. Creation 2!

* HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM FLASH 5 YET?? *

I'm sorry to do this.. Delete it if you want but I really need help. The general help and flash 5 actionscript help forums don't help me at all. I've been waiting about an hour and a half and there hasn't been a single view! Anyways the more intelligent people hang here (suck suck) I was wondering if anyone could help me?

Okay heres what I want to do,
    At the moment on my page im calling most of the text content from .txt files. Now I want to make it call from a ASP data base. Now one of the url address for it is http://portable01/idc/MenuItemsPage.asp?MENU_ITEM=4

Apparently It says in the flash 5 help files that it can do it but it never really gave me details on how to actually achieve it (does it ever?) Can someone guide me through the exact steps on how to make it call from an asp database.

Any help would be very much obliged

Thnx
    David

Lightbulb

This should be named "big bang VS. flash 5"

I would have answered your question since you couldn't get into the other forums... but since you used a deceiving thread title to get attention... I won't.

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry about sounding a little mean but
    AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been going nuts over this problem and the first reply I have ever gotten rose my hopes so HIGH! I thought ive finally slayed my demon. THEN I GET THE MESSAGE YOU SHOULD CHANGE THE TITLE TO BIG BANG VS. FLASH 5 (which wasn't bad by the way). WHAT WAS THAT???? Sorry I'm sounding like a jerk but i've been going nuts. I've seen this done allot of times can anyone help me???? Please!!!! PLEASE

SORRY SORRRYYYY!!!

I'm SOrry I'm sorry. I tried to change it but it didn't work or i musn't of done it right. PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE!!!!!! PLEASEE!!!!!
    please

Swishmeister
    In keeping with your religious title, here's a religious joke.

Three churches - Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian - worked together to sponsor a community-wide revival.
    After the revival had concluded, the three pastors were discussing the results with one another.

The Methodist minister said, "The revival worked out great for us! We gained 4 new families."

The Baptist preacher said, "We did better than that! We gained 6 new families."

The Presbyterian pastor said, "Well, we did even better than that!

We got rid of our 10 biggest trouble makers!"

Smile hehe

Hehe Not bad at all.
    Okay I realise I'm never going to get a real reply to my problem. Lets just say I'm dissapointed Anyways I'll let this thread die off into the archives or whereever it goes.

Regrets
    David

Swishmeister
    The good bishop knew very well that not only did everyone in his small town look to him for an example, but that all too often, all eyes were on him as potential fodder for the local gossip mill, as well.

This could be wearing; but usually, he was able to provide the good example and escape the tattlers. One night, however, after a long, hard day, a social obligation beckoned on top of his church responsibilities, and he came to a sudden stopping place.

His hostess, noting that he looked tired, asked with concern, "A spot of tea, Bishop?"

"No, thank you," he managed. "No tea."

"Ah," she said. "Coffee, then?"

"No coffee either, thank you."

In the spirit of triage, she leaned closer and murmured,
    "I could bring you a scotch and soda in a mug?"

"My dear, this is my last word... NO soda."